Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez Backing Rubio To Knock Chavez Jr. Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jr vs. Rubio is going to be a hell of a fight, IMO. I can see Jr outboxing him for the first few rounds, or even half of the fight. But what happens when he takes a solid shot from a guy, in Rubio, who can really throw bricks in the ring? Does he stick with boxing, resort to brawling, or what happens? The way I'm thinking this that Jr isn't a polished boxer. He's a brawler learning to box, and things aren't reflex for him yet. Rubio, who can bang with the best of them, only needs one chance to capitalize on a mistake from a novice boxer, and things change. I'll take the polished Rubio over Jr, even though I see Jr coming out and looking good at first.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Whats skills, he is a tomato can and Rubio will ko him.
      Hes a better boxer than Rubio is clearly IMO. Rubio is a durable banger with pretty good power (especially in his left hook) but Chavez could and IMO will nullify that with the same type of movement he showed against Manfredo and Duddy. I see it being hard for him especially down the stretch but at the end of the day, skills pays the bills. Rubio hasn't lost 5 times because hes elite, hes beatable.

Comment

Martinez never approved to step aside

they NEVER made a deal. the WBC, Top Rank and other boxing writers are trying to spread this b.ulls.hit rumor. Rubio will get bribed to take a dive. what did daddy Chavez cry to Chapo Guzman to get s,hit in order?

Chavez jr is a coward. I wonder how long he'll be sucking at his daddy's tit. little junior shames all mexicans period

just another Top Rank princess

Comment

If the fight goes 12 rounds no matter how one sided it was or not Chavez gets the decision. I think Rubio has power to wear Chavez down but I'm not sure if it will be enough to stop him. Great fight for Chavez JR. I think Chavez JR beats Rubio though. Rubio is good but he is not top level. In my opinion that is the only level that beats Chavez now that he is improving.

Comment

Chavez W UD 12...only way it goe I see, Rubio is strong and durable, but limited and w/a few suspect judges, of course Jr wins...has average boxing ability ...guess he needs the payday before he loses to Sergio

Comment

Chavez wont lose to Sergio ! Sergio is one of the biggest bums in boxing.

Comment

I see this fight being close, but I don't think Rubio will beat Chavez Jr.

He had a suprising win over lemieux, but that's where it stops.

I have Chavez Jr by UD.

Comment

Jr. has been protected and given the easy rout, if there is one, in the sport. I thought he got a few hometown decisions and a lot of overmatched opponents, 40 times. Rubio may be his match, Jr is still being developed, to hear his crew tell it. The five loses on Rubio's record are proof that he can be beat, but the fact that he's still here, after earning a shot with good wins (more than just LeMew), the hard way, without daddies money, gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by norway View Post
                    Only casual fans think Sergio Martinez actually has a chance vs. JR.

Comment

Originally posted by norway View Post
                      Name 2 middle weights who has done more than Sergio.

Comment

Working...
                      X