No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Pleased With Cotto-Mayorga Pay-Per-View Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Pleased With Cotto-Mayorga Pay-Per-View Numbers

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is very happy with the early buyrate figures for last Saturday's Showtime pay per view, which featured Miguel Cotto defending his WBA junior middleweight title against Ricardo Mayorga at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Cotto stopped Mayorga in the twelfth round to retain his 154-pound title. Arum has yet to obtain the full count, but he anticipates the generated buyrate figure to fall around 250,000, or possibly a bit more.

[Click Here To Read More]

I bet Cotto - Margarito 2 will do double that.

Comment

Arum it wasnt nothing you did cotto has loyal fans pr and ny alone made that number watch cotto v.s plaster hands reach a mill

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
        Arum it wasnt nothing you did cotto has loyal fans pr and ny alone made that number watch cotto v.s plaster hands reach a mill
        Yeah, exactly what I thought. A paid attendance of 7200 and 250K PPVs. Chump change for this guys so called superstar. And this fool is banging the drum for Cotto vs. Margarito but called Margarito a bum when he fought Pacquiao. So, according to your logic, this will be the third bum in a row for Cotto, right? How come you post but never respond? Oh, wait, I know, because you get faced every time you do. Cotto vs. Margarito will only do about 500K PPV buys because Margarito kicked the **** out of Cotto the first time. You continue to accuse Margs of having plaster in his hands but the one you should be blaming is Cottos trainers. They are supposed to watch the hands being wrapped and it's there fault if Margarito had anything in his gloves. I am not exonerating Margarito, I am just saying that a fighter is supposed to watched putting on the gloves and taking off the gloves. So, whose fault is that?

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
          That's weak 250,000 ppvs. Nothing like Tito did. Goes to show u the Ricans don't support Cotto like Tito. Besides the Pacquaio fight, Cotto's only decent ppv numbers was vs Margarito and those were mostly Margarito fans buying the fight. That fight did almost 500,000 ppv buys. The rematch will do that many because of Margarito fans. Cotto-Mayorga, Cotto-Mosley, Cotto-Judah all did weak ppv numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
            I bet Cotto - Margarito 2 will do double that.
            The first fight did 500K.

So yeah.

Most likely.

Comment

250k vs mayorga huh???? cotto-margarito will double that for sure. maybe even triple it. if this fight was to be in nyc, 20k guarenteed in building.

Comment

martinez fought at the same time too on hbo freeof charge and they managed to do this. just remembered that.

Comment

I bought the fight. I don't think I posted that enough after the fight.

Anyway, I honestly think that Cotto vs Margarito II will do a million PPV. These two are established boxers with a lot of history. Both die-hard Mexican and Puerto Rican boxing fans will surely buy this fight. And it will get love outside those two dominating fan base. I can't wait for that fight. After that, I want to see either of them go against Martinez. I have a love and hate relationship with Martinez. Get it on!

Cotto vs Margarito II PPV #'s 1.1 million buys.

Edit: Went to check what Felix "Tito" Trinidad PPV numbers were and funny enough it went to this website.

Link: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=300684
                  Last edited by jjbj2; 03-19-2011, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    That's weak 250,000 ppvs. Nothing like Tito did. Goes to show u the Ricans don't support Cotto like Tito. Besides the Pacquaio fight, Cotto's only decent ppv numbers was vs Margarito and those were mostly Margarito fans buying the fight. That fight did almost 500,000 ppv buys. The rematch will do that many because of Margarito fans. Cotto-Mayorga, Cotto-Mosley, Cotto-Judah all did weak ppv numbers.
                    Same fans who got the Margarito-Garcia fight only 15K after the dude being gone over a year? Hahahaha Cotto has never done that low of numbers even when he was headlining Top Rank PPV. The lowest he has ever done is 60K early in his career. Cotto has done 90k vs Malignaggi, 250K vs Judah, 400K vs Mosley, 250K vs Mayorga, 500K vs the Margarito who could only get 15K on his own, 1.25 million vs Pacquiao. Tell me Margarito PPV numbers outside of his Cotto and Pacquiao fights?

Comment

Working...
                    X