Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad does drinking, shrooms, and partying affect a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayCoe View Post
    Seems to me that you're inability to see what i was writing and the concept behind it shows you to be 'just plain stupid'. And for your knowledge, I barely touch alochol and I don't do drugs, my life at the moment consists of work and training, I get home from work and I train at the gym or I do solo training in my garage or run on the road. I train hard and i'm getting better and i'm getting good, I do much more exercise on most days than most normal people do in a week and yet I sign on this forum and I see the most stupid posts because everyone is just amazing, everyone does 6 mile runs everyday, everyone does a shed load of press ups, everyone does everything perfectly and it's like, erm, nobody ever seems to have a job or school because they can train from the morning right through 'til night. It makes my training regime look pathetically lazy and I do quite abit of training, now I believe some people may do what they say but the sheer number of people who claim it, nah, nah way. Now I don't doubt some people do actually do 500 press ups and do actually run long runs in the mornings, I don't doubt that which is why I actually said "with some exceptions" but these people are probably minimal and yet it seems shed loads of people do on this forum, it's hilarious to see.

I'm happy to put my hands up and say I don't get up at 5am and do a 6 mile run and then have breakfast and then do 200 sit ups, 100 push ups, and then somehow do more push ups/sit ups at 10am and then more in the afternoon and then go training. My training routines other than the hours spent at the gym consist of either running on the road, skipping, bag work, floor to ceiling ball and then push ups, crunches, squats and a few other things similar and i'm intending to slowly work in some weights into that. Now i'm happy with that, I feel that i'm doing quite well so i'm not angry at anybody who does more than me but I am annoyed with righteous people who seem to be amazing and then preach against this guy in such a negative manner. I don't know what, as individuals, you do but I refuse to believe that as many people who claim to do what they do, actually do it.

I saw one a forum once, don't think it was this one, a topic about ectomorphs, mesomorphs and endomorphs and which one you were and for about 3-4 pages each people replied "mesomorph" and the odd few replied "mesomorph with a little leaning towards ecto" or likewise with endo but for pages upon pages each person was a mesomoprh, the strong square masculine body which builds muscle easily and one of the last posts was some guy who noticed this and wrote "i'm an ectomoprh but because it's the internet i'm a mesomorph with a 12 inch ****" and that simple comment made me laugh to myself for ages because it's so true, EVERYONE is brilliant EVERYONE doesn't do anything wrong and EVERYONE is straight to jump on to people's backs when they do. It's hilarious. Now, I genuinely believe that I can sit back and say that I reckon i'm one of the, say 10% or so, who don't drink very often at all, eat reasonably well, do quite abit of training and reads up on boxing and yet when people post these threads I never feel the need to actually tell everyone (present comment excluded haha) because who cares what they do! Rather than tell them how amazing you are, do what I do and tell them what it is the stuff does in a neutral way.
    Other people work and go to school. Not everybody has it easy. I bet there are some people on this forum that have it much tougher than either you or me, and they just don't complain about it. If you enjoy your training, if you see you're reaping results, then don't pay attention to what other people are posting when they post about their training and workouts. If a person posts that they do 5000 pushups a day and you don't believe it, so what? Chances are the person's lying, or is just immature to the point where they want to post something like that so others will draw attention to it, and will start bashing them.

Anyways. I don't want to teach someone older than me how to act on a ****ing forum, but if you wanna continue this conversation just send me a PM. I don't want to hijack this guy's thread.

Comment

Originally posted by xEDDIEx View Post
      cry me a river sally. if your that mentally weak that you cant handle life without drugs and alcohol (or at least weak enough to pretend to be some addict to get attention on the internet) then you dont have in mentally to box anyways. alcohol is ok in moderation but drugs are for filthy hippies.
      My thoughts exactly. I know that point of view is regarded by some people as too judgemental but that's how I feel as well. Drugs are for people who aren't happy & aren't man enough to face their problems and deal with it. They make you dumb, lazy or both.

Comment

Originally posted by MaTTuP View Post
        My thoughts exactly. I know that point of view is regarded by some people as too judgemental but that's how I feel as well. Drugs are for people who aren't happy & aren't man enough to face their problems and deal with it. They make you dumb, lazy or both.
        I'm exactly the same way too. I've always regarded druggies as being weak-minded people. Just the way I am.

Comment

It doesn't bother me, i've only put all this to stop this thread becoming some stupid as barage of how wonderful everyone is and how this guy is "mentally weak" and how he shouldn't touch anything. I aint complaining, i'm just trying to shut people up.

And i'll tell you what gets me laughing to myself is when people post "drugs are stupid and weak, alcohol is ok in moderation though". It really shows that their brains can't quite comprehend that what mr man up top says isn't actually the whole truth. Alcohol is a drug , it's actually more damaging than most drugs, it was ranked something like 6th most harmful drug, actually above tobacco, marijuanna, ketamine, exatascy and so on. Alchol is legal, it doesn't mean it's any less harmful. If you drink you're just as much a druggy as anybody who smokes a joint, the fact your drug is legal does not change the chemistry of it. Now, just to stick this one out there or else i'm going to have the angels of boxing on my back, I don't do drugs and I barely touch alcohol, i'm just a normal person who doesn't have to try and make everyone feel **** about themselves.
          Last edited by JayCoe; 09-08-2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

It doesn't bother me, i've only put all this to stop this thread becoming some stupid as barage of how wonderful everyone is and how this guy is "mentally weak" and how he shouldn't touch anything. I aint complaining, i'm just trying to shut people up.
            Fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
              was it as big as da1's?
              I carried one as big as da1's in the back pocket of my jeans, but i kept getting off balance so i had to get one to put in the other side too.

Comment

And i'll tell you what gets me laughing to myself is when people post "drugs are stupid and weak, alcohol is ok in moderation though". It really shows that their brains can't quite comprehend that what mr man up top says isn't actually the whole truth. Alcohol is a drug , it's actually more damaging than most drugs, it was ranked something like 6th most harmful drug, actually above tobacco, marijuanna, ketamine, exatascy and so on. Alchol is legal, it doesn't mean it's any less harmful. If you drink you're just as much a druggy as anybody who smokes a joint, the fact your drug is legal does not change the chemistry of it. Now, just to stick this one out there or else i'm going to have the angels of boxing on my back, I don't do drugs and I barely touch alcohol, i'm just a normal person who doesn't have to try and make everyone feel **** about themselves.
                Not doing drugs doesn't make you a wonderful person. It shows you have more discipline than a person who does and by sheer odds it probably shows you're also smarter.
                I don't do any drugs. I experimented a little in high school I quickly realized my friends that did do drugs were losers. Fast forward 5 years later and they are still doing the same things that they were in high school.

Comment

flipping a tire up a hill as big as da1's would be hard for me, we got one in our gym about the size of his tire, and i cant flip it for ****, but i can sure hit it with a sledge

Comment

Originally posted by xEDDIEx View Post
                    cry me a river sally. if your that mentally weak that you cant handle life without drugs and alcohol (or at least weak enough to pretend to be some addict to get attention on the internet) then you dont have in mentally to box anyways. alcohol is ok in moderation but drugs are for filthy hippies.
                    Originally posted by MaTTuP View Post
                    Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
                    I'm exactly the same way too. I've always regarded druggies as being weak-minded people. Just the way I am.
                    Not everyone guys, some people have suffered different forms of abuse or mental illness or whatever and get caught up in a cycle of addiction, its not always as easy as just manning up or about not being mentally weak some of the most mentally tough people I have known having been pretty screwed up at times, not always a matter of ´get over it bitch´

Comment

Originally posted by markeeta View Post
                      I carried one as big as da1's in the back pocket of my jeans, but i kept getting off balance so i had to get one to put in the other side too.
                      Yeah I just roll to school in one nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                      X