No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch - The Nottingham Sherriff Storms On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch - The Nottingham Sherriff Storms On

For the second time this year, 35-year old International Boxing Federation (IBF) Super Middleweight titlist Carl Froch (30-2, 22 KO) of Nottingham, England, played the part of human wrecking ball, laying waste to 32-year old Yusaf Mack (31-5-2, 17 KO) of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in front of a packed, rabid house at the Capital FM Arena in Nottingham on Saturday night. Froch makes the first defense of the title he wrested from then-undefeated Lucian Bute in five devastating rounds in May of this year. Mack came into the contest rated #5 by the IBF at Light Heavyweight and suffers the fifth knockout loss of his career.

[Click Here To Read More]

Froch should bin the IBF title & go after Ward. The fight should be made either in Europe or NYC. I don't think either have fought @ MSG, so what a place to hold it.

Comment

Froch finished Mack with a left to the body. Not sure what cliff was watching

Comment

Ward won't come to the UK.

If, for whatever reason he did, he'd probably still UD Froch. Styles make fights.

Still, WAR FROCH!

Comment

I honestly think Froch got better and no way ward beats him now.

Froch is a beast.

Comment

I know people will be in here talking about Ward and that but do you know what, I don't care.

I'm proud of Carl, he ain't blessed with silky smooth slickness, he's rough and ready, but he's given it his best and achieved more than he had any right to

War Cobra!

Comment

Froch is one of the most interresting stories in boxing IMO, I have become a fan

Comment

Originally posted by vxrandall View Post
                Froch finished Mack with a left to the body. Not sure what cliff was watching
                The right to the body was the beginning of the end, Froch wrapped it up with the left, as Cliff says in the article.

Comment

War Froch! A well deserved soft-touch after perhaps the toughest string of consecutive opponents in the past two-three decades of boxing: (Jean Pascal, Jermain Taylor, Andre Dirrell, Mikkel Kessler, Arthur Abraham, Glen Johnson, Andre Ward, AND Lucian Bute...holy shiiiit) Finish the rematch clause with Bute then avenge defeat against Kessler IMO. Ward. He gets past those two guys he's in prime position to challenge Ward.

Comment

Froch one of my favorite fighters. So lets get that Bute rematch out of the way then fight kessler next.

Comment

Working...
                    X