Gennady Golovkin: The Lost Art Of Shifting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BootyDew View Post
    Relax, it was a teeth in cheek comment.
    obsessive psychotic behavior...........enjoy your future permanent ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_of_Sheep View Post
      While i agree that most fighters do it not with the intent to set-up a punch or anything and most do seem to get carried by the force of the punch.

You can see a couple of fighters who do it with and special intent, like Golovkin who in the video is shown training that shifting and punching and he does it very often. Sometimes in this videos i think it's mostly overthinking, but in his case i agree with the video.

Roy Jones Jr did this very often, Roberto Duran (as the video shows), Erik Morales and a couple others. But in the most cases, yeah, it's not a technique, its bad balance.
      This makes sense also.

I just don't know how much of "technique" it is, compared to maybe just "over committing", and having no choice because the footwork is all out of wack.

Jorge Arce is another guy who does it quite often, and his legs are shot. He has no balance or strength in his legs, so as he falls forward he has to use this "technique".

While this can be used effectively, lets not kid ourselves, this is bad footwork, being covered up by a "questionable technique" at best. From doing it over smd over these guys become efficient at it, but i dunno that anyone is actively training this.

And I'm by no mean saying GGG has bad footwork just so were clear.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
        obsessive psychotic behavior...........enjoy your future permanent ban.

Calm down bro, don't need to go all psycho babble on me.

Comment

Originally posted by BootyDew View Post

Calm down bro, don't need to go all psycho babble on me.
          the irony

Comment

Great video, nice find.......thanks

Comment

kovalev shifts a lot too.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post

Very interesting video.
                great video. very informative. ive seen boxers do this move but i never knew about its history/origins.

great video. refreshing to see a boxing related thread on nsb.

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
                downloaded it. every boxing fan should download it.

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                and of course the floyd c*ck gagger would try to diminish and discredit it. that's because fighters you slurp dont have the balls to come forward and use this technique.

id definitely use the shift on that ratchet ass gash you have in your avi.

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                Frankie Gomez does this quite often.

Im not sure i agree with this as being a "special art" though. I actually see a lot of brawlers do it, seems they throw so hard there momentum carries them forward.

I guess it could be considered a technique, but it goes against almost everything you would learn while training good balanced footwork.

But that's why it's called the "sweet" science I guess.
                it absolutely is an art. usually reserved for attacking come forward fighters. its also used to quickly cut off the ring and trap your opponent.

posters like pigvomit wouldnt know about it because the fighters he supports like floyd are not attacking come forward fighters.

in the video even roy jones jr. didnt know about it but as the video clearly stated its a lost art that is rich in history.

Comment

lulz @ the dissenting opinions in this thread basically claiming it's a result of bad balance. Golovkin and "bad balance" don't belong in the same paragraph.

This is the type of video that should be most popular with fans of the sport, not videos of Floyd getting into arguments in fúcking Fat Burger.

Comment

Originally posted by samouraï View Post
                    lulz @ the dissenting opinions in this thread basically claiming it's a result of bad balance. Golovkin and "bad balance" don't belong in the same paragraph.

This is the type of video that should be most popular with fans of the sport, not videos of Floyd getting into arguments in fúcking Fat Burger.
                    this really should be the top thread right now instead its stupid larry threads asking captain obvious questions like why is garcia hated or jay z trying to sign rigondeaux, a fighter who will never use the art of shifting but is certainly adept in the art of running.

Comment

Originally posted by samouraï View Post

Lol... it's "bad footwork" because the fighters they nuthug can't do it. It's something anyone should practice if they want to take advantage of having two hands. It increases power with the lead hand and also confuses the opponent, see Danny Jacobs getting knocked out by Pirog.

Comment

Working...
                      X