No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson never blames anyone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Dawson never blames anyone

I seen people saying chad needs to accept defeat and stop blaming others and he just tweeted this
    "You've never heard me blame anyone for any of my losses and you never will. Please don't fill my feed with that BS! #boxing #fact"
    https://twitter.com/OfficialBadChad/...07142790070274

I think in that one thread where he's supposedly taking shots at Scully the TS posted the wrong quote. I personally didn't watch the video cause I'm on my phone so for anyone who just read the quote and didn't watch the video, they could've been mislead.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

yea he just keeps firing trainers for no reason

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        I think in that one thread where he's supposedly taking shots at Scully the TS posted the wrong quote. I personally didn't watch the video cause I'm on my phone so for anyone who just read the quote and didn't watch the video, they could've been mislead.

Nope, he said those things and there is a lot more. Scully has been talking about it on Facebook and he will say more things when the time is right.

Comment

yeah i seen the video and he seemed to be respectful. I think he thinks he needs a change or something

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS
            Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Nope, he said those things and there is a lot more. Scully has been talking about it on Facebook and he will say more things when the time is right.
            I'm just saying all you put up was that one part and it was misleading. I've read it and it could've been interpreted both ways IMO but hard to just reading text without putting it to a facial expression or tone of voice. I still haven't watched the video myself.

Comment

CHad Dawson is the Black Version of Rocky Marciano

Comment

I'm just saying all you put up was that one part and it was misleading. I've read it and it could've been interpreted both ways IMO but hard to just reading text without putting it to a facial expression or tone of voice. I still haven't watched the video myself.

he said those things, though. Doesn't matter what his facial expression is bro, it was insulting. And if he didn't mean it to be insulting then he's simply too stupid to realize it.
                "I was too far ahead in the game for him (John Scully) to even try to come in and teach me anything," Dawson said. He offered that he thinks it best for Scully to work on building a boxer from the ground up. "I was too far ahead of the game. I had worked with trainers like Eddie already, Emanuel Steward, Mayweather Sr and Dan Birmingham. I worked with top level trainers already. For Scully it just wasn't a good situation for him, me already being where I'm at, at the top of the game and having already fought some of the greatest fighters in the world. Not taking anything away from Scully, but coming back to Eddie is where I need to be, gonna make me who I really am."

Perplexed is the word Scully kept coming back to when we discussed this Dawson video hit.

"Part of me is not surprised, I feel Dawson has done it before with other people, like he's drowning and to save himself," the trainer and ex fighter said. "I've known him since he was 11, and never had a problem with him in. The week before the Ward fight he texted me, saying what a great trainer I was. He'd been knocked down by Edison Miranda and I knew that could affect him mentally, so I told him a story to make feel better. He said, 'That's why I brought you to camp, why that makes you a great trainer.'''

Scully said he tried to text Dawson once and messaged him on Facebook, but that the fighter didn't answer either time. "I have a picture signed he wrote to me after the second Hopkins fight, 'To the best trainer in the game, I hope to have a long career with you.''

Perplexed.

"I have nothing against Eddie, I like him a lot, but in camps when Chad referred to time with Eddie, he didn't refer to them favorably. He didn't give me a good picture of their time."

Scully thinks Dawson would be better served taking accountability for his actions. "I equate it to a guy who's divorced seven different women, he has to look at himself, as part of the problem. Maybe his feet stink, or he doesn't make enough money, or he chews his food too loudly. Something is causing the women not to get along with him. It is what it is."

Which is perplexing...

Scully said he thinks this came about because he was vocal after the Ward loss, sharing that he didn't think Dawson dropped from 175 to 168 in the proper manner, under the direction of a strength and conditioning trainer. Dawson, in the video, said he is still using the same strength coach.

"The only guy I'd seen make weight in worse fashion was me," Scully said. "I know what it does to the body and mind."

Scully took some offense at the suggestion that he was out of his depth with the likes of Dawson. "Halfway through the second fight with Hopkins he started to falter and I got him through that. It's on tape, you can see I handled that like a professional. I'm not out of my depth, I was there in the mix with anybody. Why do I have a voicemail in which he tells me I'm a great trainer? He has to look at himself. Maybe you had something to do with the problem."

Iceman-John Scully
                Sometimes u dont want to take any responsibility whatsoever...I was a fighter, I understand it...but it still isnt right. I could enlighten many many people on the reality of this situation and when the times comes I will in the proper forum.

Iceman-John Scully
                Ill say this...when he faltered halfway thru Hop fight I kept in it very well...I showed him things at points in training that helped him a great deal, he praised me in private MANY times...MANY...but now he loses and its the fault of mine? I have plenty of points to make...when the time comes it will be VERY interesting for him

Iceman-John Scully
                Did u listen to the interview??? He said I couldnt train him, teach him stuff because he was already at a certain level? PLEASE. We can watch the mid rounds of the Hops fight in the corner to see...we can look back in the gym, specific instances where I showed him EXACT strategy to successfully counter what sparring partners were previously doing successfully against him... SPECIFIC, EXACT instances...thats a high and mighty horse he sat himself on with that statement he made, trying to make it look like he's above learning at this point? I DISPUTE THAT WITH EVERY INCH OF MY SOUL. And him texting me what he texted me before the fight and what he told me after the Hopkins fight points to the content of this interview being complete jibberish. I wish him well, etc, all that jazz...but Im not going to sit here and let this guy try and paint this ugly picture of me just so he can save his own rep and practically try and make people believe that he actually had no part in how he looked versus Ward. Man...please...
                Last edited by ИATAS; 01-09-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

he said those things, though. Doesn't matter what his facial expression is bro, it was insulting. And if he didn't mean it to be insulting then he's simply too stupid to realize it.

"I was too far ahead in the game for him (John Scully) to even try to come in and teach me anything," Dawson said. He offered that he thinks it best for Scully to work on building a boxer from the ground up. "I was too far ahead of the game. I had worked with trainers like Eddie already, Emanuel Steward, Mayweather Sr and Dan Birmingham. I worked with top level trainers already. For Scully it just wasn't a good situation for him, me already being where I'm at, at the top of the game and having already fought some of the greatest fighters in the world. Not taking anything away from Scully, but coming back to Eddie is where I need to be, gonna make me who I really am."

Perplexed is the word Scully kept coming back to when we discussed this Dawson video hit.

"Part of me is not surprised, I feel Dawson has done it before with other people, like he's drowning and to save himself," the trainer and ex fighter said. "I've known him since he was 11, and never had a problem with him in. The week before the Ward fight he texted me, saying what a great trainer I was. He'd been knocked down by Edison Miranda and I knew that could affect him mentally, so I told him a story to make feel better. He said, 'That's why I brought you to camp, why that makes you a great trainer.'''

Scully said he tried to text Dawson once and messaged him on Facebook, but that the fighter didn't answer either time. "I have a picture signed he wrote to me after the second Hopkins fight, 'To the best trainer in the game, I hope to have a long career with you.''

Perplexed.

"I have nothing against Eddie, I like him a lot, but in camps when Chad referred to time with Eddie, he didn't refer to them favorably. He didn't give me a good picture of their time."

Scully thinks Dawson would be better served taking accountability for his actions. "I equate it to a guy who's divorced seven different women, he has to look at himself, as part of the problem. Maybe his feet stink, or he doesn't make enough money, or he chews his food too loudly. Something is causing the women not to get along with him. It is what it is."

Which is perplexing...

Scully said he thinks this came about because he was vocal after the Ward loss, sharing that he didn't think Dawson dropped from 175 to 168 in the proper manner, under the direction of a strength and conditioning trainer. Dawson, in the video, said he is still using the same strength coach.

"The only guy I'd seen make weight in worse fashion was me," Scully said. "I know what it does to the body and mind."

Scully took some offense at the suggestion that he was out of his depth with the likes of Dawson. "Halfway through the second fight with Hopkins he started to falter and I got him through that. It's on tape, you can see I handled that like a professional. I'm not out of my depth, I was there in the mix with anybody. Why do I have a voicemail in which he tells me I'm a great trainer? He has to look at himself. Maybe you had something to do with the problem."

Iceman-John Scully
                  Sometimes u dont want to take any responsibility whatsoever...I was a fighter, I understand it...but it still isnt right. I could enlighten many many people on the reality of this situation and when the times comes I will in the proper forum.

Iceman-John Scully
                  Ill say this...when he faltered halfway thru Hop fight I kept in it very well...I showed him things at points in training that helped him a great deal, he praised me in private MANY times...MANY...but now he loses and its the fault of mine? I have plenty of points to make...when the time comes it will be VERY interesting for him

Iceman-John Scully
                  Did u listen to the interview??? He said I couldnt train him, teach him stuff because he was already at a certain level? PLEASE. We can watch the mid rounds of the Hops fight in the corner to see...we can look back in the gym, specific instances where I showed him EXACT strategy to successfully counter what sparring partners were previously doing successfully against him... SPECIFIC, EXACT instances...thats a high and mighty horse he sat himself on with that statement he made, trying to make it look like he's above learning at this point? I DISPUTE THAT WITH EVERY INCH OF MY SOUL. And him texting me what he texted me before the fight and what he told me after the Hopkins fight points to the content of this interview being complete jibberish. I wish him well, etc, all that jazz...but Im not going to sit here and let this guy try and paint this ugly picture of me just so he can save his own rep and practically try and make people believe that he actually had no part in how he looked versus Ward. Man...please...
                  This is some deep ****... Damn...

Dawson got on my bad side in the Pascal outing then he slowly started gaining my respect with the Hopkins fight and challenging himself to fight Ward as well as honoring the weight. But this I can't respect. This is phony, being a two face. How can you bad mouth someone who's known you your whole life?

I hope he wins the Pascal fight cause he deserves it and I hope he does well from here on out but I can't root for this guy anymore...

Comment

Like the way he tried to claim that Pascal's non existant headbutting and fouling and the refs unwillingness to do anything about Chad's delusions is what caused him to get his ass kicked by a non elite, one dimensional fighter? Not blaming people and making excuses like that?

Comment

Working...
                    X