Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Brilliance of Floyd Mayweather Part 3 - The Sun Tzu 'Art of War' Connection

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Brilliance of Floyd Mayweather Part 3 - The Sun Tzu 'Art of War' Connection

This is a pro-Floyd thread. Everything I say here is a compliment.

In the ancient Chinese military book The Art of War, its author, Sun Tzu wrote:

"The great commander achieves victory even before the battle has begun."

Mayweather must have read Sun Tzu because that is exactly what he does. He does this by choosing only opponents that he has no chance of losing to. Critics may call this cherrypicking but if Sun Tzu were alive today, he would call it "Smart".

Another word of wisdom from Sun Tzu was, "He will win who attacks weak points and avoids strong ones". When he fought Baldomir instead of Margarito and Cotto, he manifested this great principle of military wisdom. He is doing it again by fighting Ortiz instead of Pacquiao.

One of the most famous Sun Tzu sayings is this: "He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." Again, Mayweather personifies this brilliant military maxim.

Admittedly, Mayweather's professional reputation and historic legacy has and will continue to suffer. But that is only because there is a heavy bias among boxing fans and critics towards "machismo". Perhaps, they are not aware of yet another Sun Tzu maxim that Mayweather has taken to heart, "All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved."

One final quote from the Art of War that fully applies to Floyd:

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Pacquiao and Roach are attempting to win the wrong fight. The fight inside the ring. But Mayweather is smart. He has chosen the battlefield, and that is the battlefield of public opinion outside the ring. And since his opponent is clueless as to the real nature of the battle (slander and reputation smearing through the media), Mayweather has once again positioned himself for victory....outside the ring.

Alexander fights starting now.....doubt you care though cause i doubt you even even watch boxing at all

Comment

nice attempt *******. just cause you say it's a compliment doesn't mean it is actually a compliment...

Comment

Originally posted by viewsat View Post
        nice attempt *******. just cause you say it's a compliment doesn't mean it is actually a compliment...
        Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart. This thread was meant to compliment Floyd in his ability to win. Don't be so cynical.

Anyway, on another note, Devon Alexander just won because of a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          Alexander fights starting now.....doubt you care though cause i doubt you even even watch boxing at all
          The fight sucked. Neither fighter is a factor in their weight division.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Sting Ray View Post

In the ancient Chinese military book The Art of War, its author, Sun Tzu wrote:

"The great commander achieves victory even before the battle has begun."

Mayweather must have read Sun Tzu because that is exactly what he does. He does this by choosing only opponents that he has no chance of losing to. Critics may call this cherrypicking but if Sun Tzu were alive today, he would call it "Smart".

Another word of wisdom from Sun Tzu was, "He will win who attacks weak points and avoids strong ones". When he fought Baldomir instead of Margarito and Cotto, he manifested this great principle of military wisdom. He is doing it again by fighting Ortiz instead of Pacquiao.

One of the most famous Sun Tzu sayings is this: "He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight." Again, Mayweather personifies this brilliant military maxim.

Admittedly, Mayweather's professional reputation and historic legacy has and will continue to suffer. But that is only because there is a heavy bias among boxing fans and critics towards "machismo". Perhaps, they are not aware of yet another Sun Tzu maxim that Mayweather has taken to heart, "All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved."

One final quote from the Art of War that fully applies to Floyd:

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."

Pacquiao and Roach are attempting to win the wrong fight. The fight inside the ring. But Mayweather is smart. He has chosen the battlefield, and that is the battlefield of public opinion outside the ring. And since his opponent is clueless as to the real nature of the battle (slander and reputation smearing through the media), Mayweather has once again positioned himself for victory....outside the ring.

the latest reports i had read so far about the pac vs pbf case are indicative of a coming pbf loss...

pbf may lose via default as he did not submit a deposition to the court.....

pbf losing the court case is like pbf being kod at rd#1......public opinion on pbf will be at its lowest........

Did Sun Tzu has any advice on how to go about rectifying a big military blunder?

Comment

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post

Did Sun Tzu has any advice on how to go about rectifying a big military blunder?
              As a matter of fact, he did.

But its too late for Floyd. He already shot himself in the foot - No!!!! Not with Xylocaine for goodness sake!!!! (Wifebeater is not a kickboxer, you know) - too many times.

Comment

Good Comparison. Floyds A Genius In And Out Of The Ring

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowBoxing89 View Post
                  Floyds A Genius In And Out Of The Ring
                  Floyd is a genius at avoiding fights. He fought Baldomir instead of stepping up to Margarito and Cotto. Now, he is fighting Fighter of the Decade's sparring partner.

Comment

Sun Tzu would also tell Manny to take the goddang test already and stop letting his fear of needles control his actions.

Comment

Working...
                    X