Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Without plaster and coming off savage beating, I still think Marg beats Cotto again!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point I think that Cotto has more left in the tank that Margarito does.

I'd have to say that Cotto wins this fight this time around.

There's a reason Margarito is going straight into this fight after a 13 month layoff with no tuneup (a Dec. fight will have been 13 months since he fought Pac). His skills and eye are totally shot. He takes a tune up his eye won't last. This fight with Cotto is his last stand. He's done after this. One more fight worth decent money to cash out on.

The only thing he has going for him is to prove that he can beat Cotto without loaded gloves and I think he might still have a shot if his eye wasn't blasted out...it won't hold up a full 12 rounds.

This thing gets stopped sometime in the 8th or beyond cause he won't be able to see, and he wont be able to blast Cotto out in the first couple rounds.

He's done, this is just one last cash grab for him. He'll throw everything he's got at it till his eye is still good which should be 5 or 6 rounds but he's done after that. He really has shown NOTHING since coming off his suspension to believe he can beat anyone with a puls.e

Comment

Don't like this fight margcheato is most likely finished and after a few rounds i see his face being busted up and just for karma reasons i'd root for cotto to smash this dude once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
        Your not taking into account the accumulation and the severity of the beatings he has taken in succession since the Cotto fight. No way it doesn't play a role in the outcome. His face is freshly healed but that doesn't mean it will hold. This guy has serious health issues to consider that can potentially last beyond his career
        He didnt mind the Mosley beating though. When he fought Garcia that was just rust. OK PAC may have put the final nail in the coffin but we shall see. If the Tony that lost to PAC shows up for Cotto I think your boy is in serious trouble.

Comment

Up in the air

I cant call it. I do believe that Marg had loaded gloves in his first fight vs Cotto, but feel he may have won anyway. I think if Cotto wins it will be due to Steward, Cotto has struggled against taller fighters his entire career with the exception of Yuri Foreman, and he has no power. Another question is how much long term damage did Marg recieve from the beating Paq gave him. I am pulling for Cotto to win, but would not lay money either way right now.

Comment

No way. The beatings Margarito has taken from Pac and Shane combined with the fact that Cotto has what it takes to beat him anyway, combined with the lack of plaster make this a sure win for Cotto. He's probably coming back too fast as well, Margarito's face will swell up fast in this fight, trust me.

Comment

Tony owns Cotto
              he'll KO him brutally again
              fight will be good but not as good as the first fight

Comment

i would still call it 50/50

Comment

I'm wit the TS, Margarito was getting a$$ whooped against PAC and was still coming forward, I've yet to see Cotto whoop anybody like that.

Even with one eye, Margarito performs better than Mayorga and Foreman put together. I got Margarito again.

Comment

Ha!
                    Cotto is going to bust that piece of **** up. Hopefully he can finish Cheatos eye so that he won't box again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Blankenship View Post
                      At this point I think that Cotto has more left in the tank that Margarito does.

I'd have to say that Cotto wins this fight this time around.

There's a reason Margarito is going straight into this fight after a 13 month layoff with no tuneup (a Dec. fight will have been 13 months since he fought Pac). His skills and eye are totally shot. He takes a tune up his eye won't last. This fight with Cotto is his last stand. He's done after this. One more fight worth decent money to cash out on.

The only thing he has going for him is to prove that he can beat Cotto without loaded gloves and I think he might still have a shot if his eye wasn't blasted out...it won't hold up a full 12 rounds.

This thing gets stopped sometime in the 8th or beyond cause he won't be able to see, and he wont be able to blast Cotto out in the first couple rounds.

He's done, this is just one last cash grab for him. He'll throw everything he's got at it till his eye is still good which should be 5 or 6 rounds but he's done after that. He really has shown NOTHING since coming off his suspension to believe he can beat anyone with a puls.e
                      I don't think either fighter is the same and I was very surprised to see Cotto get hit as much as he did vs Mayorga, a very unskilled, old and finished fighter.

Cotto has never been able to fight going backwards, I don't see Manny changing that for him at this stage of his career.

Marg's eye is not really an issue if it's just the bone, there were reports that it was his retina and those were false but the commission wants the bone to fully heal before he steps back in the ring.

If the bone is fully healed, it should be a non issue as I have seen that injury many times in the gym myself.

I disagree saying Marg has shown nothing since the suspension. The beating he took vs Pac was amazing, he showed he still has a hell of a chin and the heart and stamina to go 12 very hard rounds.

Unless Cotto puts on the boxing display of his life or Marg is truly shot like you say, I see Marg beating him once again. Marg will push forward, break him down and a less active Cotto this time around will be easier for Marg.

Comment

Working...
                      X