Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin Murray vs. Arthur Abraham

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

murray ready to become the best fighter in his second weight class. he's better and more accomplished than ggg although ggg beat him head to head(murray was weight drained)

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      murray ready to become the best fighter in his second weight class. he's better and more accomplished than ggg although ggg beat him head to head(murray was weight drained)
      People calling for GGG to fight Murray at 168lbs, how will he cope with a much bigger Murray

Lol too bad for Murray that If he does beat this guy he will likely have to face Ramirez very soon, maybe they'll entitle him to atleast one voluntary defense which would no doubt be a domestic affair with either Groves/DeGale or maybe even Froch who knows.

Comment

AWE secures U.S. TV rights for Abraham-Murray

Comment

Darren Barker Previews Abraham/Murray & Klitschko/Fury

@2.49.......

Comment

Martin Murray 'It's My Time'

Comment

Good fight.. I like murray by decision

Comment

Comment

Sky Sports Panel Predictions

Paul Smith
                  Murray has a very good chance, but I just fear he doesn't hit hard enough in order to keep Abraham off. He will just keep coming after him and, although he has a tight defence, Murray needs to give Abraham something to think about to keep him away because he is so aggressive.
                  Murray can out-box Abraham for 12 rounds - he will use his footwork but I'm not sure that is enough, especially with the judges out there.
                  Paul predicts: I'd like to see Martin do it, but I have to go with Abraham on points.

Carl Froch
                  The first thing I want to say is that Murray has got a chance. I did say he didn't have a chance after his last fight against Jose Miguel Torres but I've watched him lately, when he took Felix Sturm and Sergio Martinez all the way, so I'm never going to write him off.
                  But it is only a chance. His best bet might be to box Abraham or even just take it to him from the start. That is not only dangerous, but I don't think Murray is a hard enough hitter at super-middleweight.
                  Carl predicts: I want to see Murray win, but I have to go with Abraham on points.

James DeGale
                  The boy can box. Murray is world class and, if it wasn't in Germany but in England, I'd say Murray, easily. It's so hard to get the win out there but fingers crossed Murray does it - imagine a unification fight at The Emirates next year.
                  Against Abraham you have to throw plenty of punches and Martin can do that.
                  James predicts: With those fingers still crossed, I'm hoping Murray can do it on points. Unanimous as well.

Carl Frampton
                  Abraham has been on the slide for a while and he's starting to look old. It's not easy to get decisions in Germany but I think the time is right for Murray. He's been close so many times before and he should probably already be a world champion.
                  Carl predicts: I think Murray will go over there and rip the title away. I don't think there will be a stoppage but I think Murray will win comfortably on points.

Scott Quigg
                  I think this is going to be Martin's best chance to become a world champion. I think he will. I like Martin and respect him a lot. I've always liked watching him and I think this will be exciting because of the styles. Moving to super-middleweight will help - he'll have a better engine.
                  Scott predicts: I think Murray can break Abraham down in a real firework show of a fight and Murray will win with a late stoppage.

Johnny Nelson
                  We will have a new world super-middleweight champion on Saturday night. Martin Murray's boxed for those three middleweight world titles, never mind taking Gennady Golovkin 11 rounds, so he won't be intimidated in the slightest.
                  I believe his pace, his hunger, his cojones and the timing will see him beat Abraham. This not the Abraham of old, I am convinced. I've never been so certain that the British challenger comes back as a world champion.
                  Johnny predicts: Murray wins on points. Definitely.

Callum Smith
                  It's a good fight, stylistically. I think Abraham is the bigger puncher but Murray has the work-rate. If Murray can keep working him, I think he can pull it off on points. If it's close over there, you never know. I thought Paul did enough in the first fight but then Abraham showed that he's got a bit left in the second. Abraham is lazy, though.
                  Callum predicts: If he can take what Abraham gives, then Murray can out-work him and win on points.

Jamie Moore
                  I think this is a great opportunity for Martin to finally become a world champion. I think Abraham is slowing down a bit as he gets older and I think this comes at the right time for Murray. He's been at the top before and if Gennady Golovkin couldn't really hurt him with shots then I don't see how Abraham is going to.
                  Jamie predicts: I think Murray will win on points and I think it will be surprisingly comfortable, despite the fact that the fight is in Germany.

Glenn McCrory
                  I think this opportunity might just be coming a little bit too quickly for Murray. He's brave and tough but Abraham is better than people give him credit for. I'm not sure Murray is a natural super-middleweight. He looked a good, strong middleweight. Abraham was good in the second fight against Paul Smith.
                  Glenn predicts: I hate to say it because I'd love both Murray and Crolla to win but I fear Abraham will know too much and will win on points. It's in Germany and I just don't think Murray's big enough at super-middleweight.

Darren Barker
                  In my eyes, Murray is a young Abraham; very compact, tidy and although he might not throw more punches, he will have more in the tank. I don't think he will batter Abraham but he can take the rounds.
                  The only thing that is worrying me is looking at Paul Smith's first fight against Abraham. But then again, look at what Carl Froch did to Abraham, he played with him.
                  Darren predicts: If I am honest, I think Murray should win this on points. Quite handily.

Jim Watt
                  I think it's going to be a close fight. I just have a feeling Murray has to do what Carl Froch did to Abraham - and sadly, Murray isn't quite that good.
                  The style Murray has got means he blocks punches really well but he doesn't dodge them, as it were. I think the judges will still score them as landing.
                  Jim predicts: It will be close to call but I can't see the scoring being as close - or Murray getting the decision.

Comment

I will never gamble on another Abraham fight again. There are way too many variables.

All I will say is, this fight goes the distance.

Comment

Murray would have to stop Abraham in order to be sure that he wins in WurstLandia...

Comment

Working...
                      X