Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on GGG-Eubank: Contracts Drafted, Terms Virtually Agreed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    No chin?

Based on what?
    It's the one thing he most definitely has

Comment

Young Chris showing off a big pair of plums, the complete opposite of those Raisin-Owners Sturm, Canelo, Jacobs, Quillin, Saunders, N'dam etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
        This could have a welcome future knock on effect for any fighters that are serious about challenging themselves against the best competition.

It was a very smart move by the Eubanks in not signing a long term promotional contract. Had they have done so, Hearn would not have made this fight at this point. He would've been looking to protect his long term interest.

They've made the promoter work for them (as apoosed to what usually happens despite the rhetoric) by stating that any future working relationship depends on Matchroom getting them the fight that they want right now.

Fair play to them. I'd like to see others displaying the bravery to follow suit. Boxing would be much better for it.
        I agree with that, in principle. But in this case, I think Eubank Snr is making a big mistake putting his son in with GGG at this stage of his career.

Comment

Edit: kafkod (Sorry la, thought I'd hit reply!)

Definitely a big gamble. If we remember back to the start of his career Sr. was making sure he was in with guys that would test him in some way. He's never wanted him to have an easy ride.

Do you think a loss would have too much of a negative effect on his career given the current mood? Are we not all that sick of fighters avoiding each other that anyone who steps in with the best challenge they can would automatically earn our support and respect?

For the record, Jr doesn't appeal to me either in the ring or out. If they make this fight though, I'm onboard. I'd have no choice, they would have done what's right for the sport.
          Last edited by - Ram Raid -; 06-24-2016, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Who Lil G fought doe!!!!
            Lil mark ass buster g be scurred a dem slick bruvas..

Comment

If the GGG vs Jr. bout happens there will be naysayers. Eubanks not an elite fighter, etc...

This is a good match. Who else can GGG draw in for a fight? Canelo, Jacob, Billy Joe? They're not willing to risk it...

GGG is the MW champion who's willing to go the UK; on challenger's soil, to defend his titles.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTambourineMan View Post
                Young Chris showing off a big pair of plums, the complete opposite of those Raisin-Owners Sturm, Canelo, Jacobs, Quillin, Saunders, N'dam etc etc.
                What kind of plums did GGG show by staying in the amateurs too long and ducking Ward?

We don't even know what kind of money K2 is offering the fighters that are supposed to be ducking that old BUM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  I dont think anything of this fight. In fact, i think its pretty crap.
                  Definitely a crap fight.

Chris Jr is horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    This is a big fcvk finger in the face of team Canelita.
                    Actually it's the opposite.

Where else can GGG make any good money besides Canelo?.

Alvarez will get paid fighting anybody...he doesn't need GGG for anything.

Alvarez is almost a full decade younger than GGG with plenty more options.

Golovkin should have taken the catchweight like Hopkins did w/Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
                      ggg beat david lemieux and who else? hmmm, couple of our very own british fringe contenders? other than belts and "oh what a banger" "its a middleweight mike tyson" what have you got? nothing to far from eubank jnr. eubank has the name to stage an earner and if he has the chin his dad had, its a good contest because he CAN box...ggg? box? what happens when a puncher is made to fight the distance? its probably gggs best move if alvarez takes a diversion.
                      before the fight was made all GGG haters said he would not take it, now, Eubank is a full time bum.

Double standards....

Comment

Working...
                      X