No announcement yet.

gamboa made a mistake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    There is no way that Arum would rob Gamboa. Are you people insane? Gamboa has a big money upside also, espically if he beats the bigger Rios. He might make it a draw but he wouldnt have robbed the undefeated young star. Makes no sense for him to do that. He wouldve either let it be a fair fight or made it a draw
    Yuri is 30 going on 31 you think Arum sees a future in him? He would rather protect a much younger fighter with a mexican fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
      now you guys are making gamboa seem legit, hello the guy didnt want to fight rios in the first place. yes rios looked bad tonight, yes he lost to abril, but havent you guys wondred if the weight had anything to do with the way rios looked tonight...........
      I have little doubt the weight affected Rios. What I'm saying is if Gamboa fought the Rios in the ring tonight, Brandon would be KTFO. It's not a triangle theory.

Yuri was never afraid of Rios. I don't believe that for a second. This isn't second grade. These are professional fighters and Gamboa is one of the best of them. Whatever Yuri's beef is, it's about money.

And one question: What was up with "Bam Bam's" corner parading him around the ring like the conquering hero after an obvious schooling? Give...me...a...fucking...break....

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Yuri is 30 going on 31 you think Arum sees a future in him? He would rather protect a much younger fighter with a mexican fanbase.
        as I tell people all the time. In all of pro sports guys are performing at a higher level for much longer now. Gone are the days that 30 is the end. Gamboa is a special type fighter. He could go to 38 at a high level. He could atleast go to 35. Thats 2 and a half big fights a year for the next 5 years. Yes thats a big future.

Not only that but just look at the 2 fighters. Rios is the type of guy who is going to lose fights anyways. No matter how great he is, he's going to lose some fights. Thats just what kinda guy he is. Gamboa might lose some but he also might have undefeated type of potential.

Rios is Mexican so he has the following. He also has the fan friendly style. That means he can lose to Gamboa and others and still sell fights in the future. He doesnt need that win or else
        Last edited by DLT; 04-14-2012, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
          Ok, so lets say it was the weight issue (which I think is one of the THOUSAND reasons he lost tonight)....how would it have been different fighting Gamboa at 135?

You mean to tell me you don't think Gamboa would have washed Rios even worse than Abril did tonight?
          Yuri would've smoked tonight's version of Rios. The fight might not have gone six.

Comment

There is no way that Arum would rob Gamboa. Are you people insane? Gamboa has a big money upside also, espically if he beats the bigger Rios. He might make it a draw but he wouldnt have robbed the undefeated young star. Makes no sense for him to do that. He wouldve either let it be a fair fight or made it a draw
            Gamboa's use to Arum was to build up and legitimize Juanma. When it turned out Juanma wasn't up to the task, he looked for the next guy to which he could throw him under the bus. Unfortunately for Arum, Gamboa is much better than he would hope, and would likely have to be robbed to take the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
              Ok, so lets say it was the weight issue (which I think is one of the THOUSAND reasons he lost tonight)....how would it have been different fighting Gamboa at 135?

You mean to tell me you don't think Gamboa would have washed Rios even worse than Abril did tonight?

well lets say rios could of still make 135 easy, he would have not look so drained and slow, the guy looked like a corpse. abril and gamboa are totally different boxers in size and style they use. If rios would of been fighting gamboa and if he could easily make the weight we would see a more complete package rios, mentaly and phisically. and i would favor rios...........

Comment

well lets say rios could of still make 135 easy, he would have not look so drained and slow, the guy looked like a corpse. abril and gamboa are totally different boxers in size and style they use. If rios would of been fighting gamboa and if he could easily make the weight we would see a more complete package rios, mentaly and phisically. and i would favor rios...........
                but everyone is talking about tonight. Styles do make fights so you never know but the weight is the weight for "tonight". He wouldve looked the same way against Gamboa in terms of being drained

Comment

but everyone is talking about tonight. Styles do make fights so you never know but the weight is the weight for "tonight". He wouldve looked the same way against Gamboa in terms of being drained

yes he would have and he would of lost to gamboa, too.

Comment

If Rios was able to make 135 comfortably that means he wouldn't be that much bigger than Yuri except in height.

Gamboa walks around 160:

Maybe you've seen this picture around.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      If Rios was able to make 135 comfortably that means he wouldn't be that much bigger than Yuri except in height.

Gamboa walks around 160:

Maybe you've seen this picture around.

by the way thank you for the stream,

Comment

Working...
                      X