• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugersean15 View Post
    ya but its 57lbs of pure fat and he has had 8 months to take it off
    He's not 25 bro.

He's 43 years old.

The kind of work he had to put in to lose that weight, trust me, was severe.

It's pretty obvious the guy puts on weight EASILY... which means it was NOT EASY to lose almost 60 lbs... fat or not.

When you bring his age into the equation, I'm telling you right now his stamina is going to be greatly effected.

And, don't think for a second than today (Wednesday) he isn't still struggling to get below that 200lbs threshold.

He will be struggling to make the weigh in weight up until the very hour of the weigh in.

The last time Toney weighed in at the cruiserweight limit was over 8 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      His last fight was the end of last year... and he came in at a staggering 257lbs..

Lets not even get into the fact it'll be an entire year since he's last fought... at 43 years old.
      James Toney has suprised me before. But he's also let me down as many times.

I can't believe he's lost over 50 lbs. That's just unbelieveable, for anyone, at any age. Let alone at 43.

And James Toney isn't exactly a 'young 43'.

On the plus side, atleast it seems he is motivated for this fight. And his head seems to be in the right place.

Still, that kind of weight loss at 40+ and not a legit win in years? Spells trouble.

Losing that much weight and trying to maintain strength is such a difficult task.

Comment

If anything... it isn't!

Dropping 57lbs at 43... will most likely mean you are not in shape to box for 12 rounds.

He has had approx a year, that is only 1lb per week & it's water weight & fat not as if he's having to cut muscle. He's also been doing weights & has a nutrition team behind him to make sure he is doing every right.

Comment

He's not 25 bro.

He's 43 years old.

The kind of work he had to put in to lose that weight, trust me, was severe.

It's pretty obvious the guy puts on weight EASILY... which means it was NOT EASY to lose almost 60 lbs... fat or not.

When you bring his age into the equation, I'm telling you right now his stamina is going to be greatly effected.

And, don't think for a second than today (Wednesday) he isn't still struggling to get below that 200lbs threshold.

He will be struggling to make the weigh in weight up until the very hour of the weigh in.

The last time Toney weighed in at the cruiserweight limit was over 8 years ago.
          but he had one of those tyrod conditions they only found out he had it after his last fight that was why he was gaining so much weight and i think toney is supposed to be below 200lb right now but not sure if his team were taking sh/t

Comment

Originally posted by L. Cipher View Post
            It doesn't appear that he lost 50 some odd pounds all at once during this camp, it seems he's been dropping weight for sometime and probably entered camp much less than the 257 he weighed in his last fight...
            Then again, we really don't know do we.

And, even if he has...

That's almost 60 lbs down in a year, at 43, and don't think for a second he's STILL NOT struggling to get below that 200 limit.

Comment

roy just couldnt handle the power. not just the ko but the whole fight he couldnt take the power. toneys chin will not fail him until he's like 60 dude has imo the greatest chin ive ever seen, coupled with the ability to not get hit consecutively. toney by stoppage late after frustrating the limited lebedev.

Comment

ya but its 57lbs of pure fat and he has had 8 months to take it off
                There is simply no way he has lost 57 lbs of pure fat.

And losing that kind of weight in 8 months is drastic. To say the least.

Comment

but he had one of those tyrod conditions they only found out he had it after his last fight that was why he was gaining so much weight
                  And that tells me it's been even harder for him to lose this weight.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
                    He has had approx a year, that is only 1lb per week & it's water weight & fat not as if he's having to cut muscle. He's also been doing weights & has a nutrition team behind him to make sure he is doing every right.
                    I really don't think you understand Toneys weight problems, and what it took for him to lose that much weight.

I also don't think you understand what effect it had on your body to drop that much weight at over 40 years old.

I also don't think you understand that you're not just losing fat when you drop 60lbs at 43 years old.

There was definitely some muscle loss going on.

And, he will STILL be having to cut weight until the very hour.

Listen people... Toney hasn't had to actually MAKE WEIGHT in over 8 years.

Comment

And that tells me it's been even harder for him to lose this weight.

Thanks.
                      ahh they fixed the problem i think

Comment

Working...
                      X