No announcement yet.

Glenn Catley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Catley

Where did he appear from? He was a good fighter for sure, but rather obscure. Couldn't believe he actually was a world champion when I first discovered him, I never heard of him before. He stopped Eric Lucas and Markus Beyer, no small feat, both by TKO12. Did anybody see the fight where he lost the title, against Dingaan Thobela? It was in South Africa and you never know, it might've been a questionable stoppage, since it was in the last round too. Never seemed to recover after Lucas koed him bad in the rematch. Also Richie Woodhall said that Glenn got robbed against him in his title defence. I think he also got robbed against Haussler in the first fight.
    Last edited by Pastrano; 10-27-2011, 10:49 AM.

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
    Where did he appear from? He was a good fighter for sure, but rather obscure. Couldn't believe he actually was a world champion when I first discovered him, I never heard of him before. He stopped Eric Lucas and Markus Beyer, no small feat, both by TKO12. Did anybody see the fight where he lost the title, against Dingaan Thobela? It was in South Africa and you never know, it might've been a questionable stoppage, since it was in the last round too. Never seemed to recover after Lucas koed him bad in the rematch. Also Richie Woodhall said that Glenn got robbed against him in his title defence. I think he also got robbed against Haussler in the first fight.

The first time I remember him in a big fight was against Richie Woodhall.

Woodhall seemed to be seriously off form that night, he had real issues with throwing a straight right (due to an elbow injury from memory) and looked flat. Cately certainly deserved the decision and Woodhall (one of the nicest and most honest guys in the fight game) agreed that he shouldn't have been awarded the decision.

Comment

Working...
    X