Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police implicate, link Klitschko brothers, other opposition members...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
    MILF mania is at a all time high atm.....
    Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
    Free Julia Tymoshenko! She definitaly has that MILF thing going on...
    Hmm, check out her daughter instead, basically just an identical young version...

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
      This thread is beginning to take the wrong direction...this isn't a Klitschko trolling or hate thread, why are there arguments about resumes etc? This really isn't particularly boxing related, it just happens to involve big figures in boxing. So please, keep the discussion on topic and not about personal opinions being swayed by so far baseless allegations.

These allegations are conflicting as you might expect and are nothing new in politics - slander your main opponent(s) if you have the power to do so, in this case the government is intending to take out 2 birds with 1 stone. The suspects have been identified and caught as far as I know, but now is the process of identification - if the government ordered this, their aim is to link the perpetrators to 'having links with the opposition, e.g UDAR' to conceal themselves, while, in the words of Vitali:

"Klitschko responded by threatening to sue for libel, noting in a statement: "Instead of conducting an objective investigation and finding who really ordered and carried out the beating... [the ministry] turns to provocation and effectively tries to conceal the criminals."

I'll just say this, Klitschko is more trust-worthy than the government, I am sure of this.
      How can you be sure? Im not saying he's 100% guilty, but he's not the angel some make him out to be. If he's trying to do good things, good for him. But good things seldom happy without getting down and dirty first.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        How can you be sure? Im not saying he's 100% guilty, but he's not the angel some make him out to be. If he's trying to do good things, good for him. But good things seldom happy without getting down and dirty first.
        The police are the ones that are making these accusations, however this "police" is basically the president's private army, those guys will do whatever they are told - such as beating up students when the protests began, but in general they are no organised force to keep people safe and keep order, they are just thugs basically with the power to do anything. They do lots of things - beat up people, women for one have been a known target (such as this instance), another example of harassment - a story of what I once experienced, I was in a taxi on a highway and the driver was pulled up by a policeman and asked for ID, this was shown yet a bribe still had to be paid...you get the gist. Also, violence against journalists is a well known problem (hence my father doesn't work there and I am not planning to either till changes happen, although my speciality is sports, not general/investigative).

In 2000 a prominent investigative journalist went missing, he was later found burned/beheaded/mutilated in some woods (search the Georgiy Gongadze story if you are interested) after he was running some reports on the election, in fact the president at the time was later accused and found guilty of ordering the killing, although I think this was later changed...anyhow, my point is the government is known for this, Vitali has nothing to gain by being involved in anything like this, he would basically ruin his political career forever and I say again, he isn't doing it for money or power, why stress yourself when you have a comfortable life, making millions etc? He actually wants to make a change, ok he may or may not be perfect in his personal life (I havn't seen proof so i'm not going to judge), but right now hes clean for a politician and most of the smearing of his name and the opposition is just Russian backed propaganda and the current government desperately trying to appease Putin and keep Ukraine in this orbit.

Comment

The police are the ones that are making these accusations, however this "police" is basically the president's private army, those guys will do whatever they are told - such as beating up students when the protests began, but in general they are no organised force to keep people safe and keep order, they are just thugs basically with the power to do anything. They do lots of things - beat up people, women for one have been a known target (such as this instance), another example of harassment - a story of what I once experienced, I was in a taxi on a highway and the driver was pulled up by a policeman and asked for ID, this was shown yet a bribe still had to be paid...you get the gist. Also, violence against journalists is a well known problem (hence my father doesn't work there and I am not planning to either till changes happen, although my speciality is sports, not general/investigative).

In 2000 a prominent investigative journalist went missing, he was later found burned/beheaded/mutilated in some woods (search the Georgiy Gongadze story if you are interested) after he was running some reports on the election, in fact the president at the time was later accused and found guilty of ordering the killing, although I think this was later changed...anyhow, my point is the government is known for this, Vitali has nothing to gain by being involved in anything like this, he would basically ruin his political career forever and I say again, he isn't doing it for money or power, why stress yourself when you have a comfortable life, making millions etc? He actually wants to make a change, ok he may or may not be perfect in his personal life (I havn't seen proof so i'm not going to judge), but right now hes clean for a politician and most of the smearing of his name and the opposition is just Russian backed propaganda and the current government desperately trying to appease Putin and keep Ukraine in this orbit.
          Sounds like a third world **** hole. If Vits can make it better I'm all for it. But I stand by my opinion the man is no angel and ALL politicians are corrupt. You have to be if you're in politics, because things don't get done without playing ball on the muddy side of the field.

Comment

Sounds like a third world **** hole. If Vits can make it better I'm all for it. But I stand by my opinion the man is no angel and ALL politicians are corrupt. You have to be if you're in politics, because things don't get done without playing ball on the muddy side of the field.
            Far from it... to be fair, that's an ignorant way of looking at it - the country is good in terms of potential, resources, general people, places etc. Just when you look at it in terms of how it is run and the people that are in charge, they make it to be a **** place to live unless you are a well off member of the society. The whole point of more European integration is to make it more fair and balanced for the whole population and not give power and status to people that don't deserve it.

Comment

Far from it... to be fair, that's an ignorant way of looking at it - the country is good in terms of potential, resources, general people, places etc. Just when you look at it in terms of how it is run and the people that are in charge, they make it to be a **** place to live unless you are a well off member of the society. The whole point of more European integration is to make it more fair and balanced for the whole population and not give power and status to people that don't deserve it.

I apologize, I meant in terms of how its run. That wasn't meant to insult yourself or any citizens of the Ukraine. In fact if I ever became wealthy enough I'd move here in a heartbeat.

https://www.google.com/search?q=swal...w=1024&bih=642

Comment

I apologize, I meant in terms of how its run. That wasn't meant to insult yourself or any citizens of the Ukraine. In fact if I ever became wealthy enough I'd move here in a heartbeat.

https://www.google.com/search?q=swal...w=1024&bih=642
                Yeah, I get what you meant, don't get me wrong - of course it's not perfect and it is pretty **** in the east mainly because of the remaining Russian ties and influence and old Soviet style architecture etc, but yeah the south is good, although also Russian-dominated... (where that castle is), nice beaches, landscape, etc. That's a place to visit, but also the Western region is good, more European because the main city there (Lviv) used to be part of Austria/Hungary/Poland in the past...I was there in the summer and it does contrast other parts of the country for sure. And Kyiv of course...

Anyway, here's a video of the chase of the journalist and the attackers, filmed from an on-board camera in her car:
                Last edited by PainfromUkraine; 12-28-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X