No announcement yet.

Broner vs Rees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    I knew Mike when he was 13 yrs old. as a friend of Cuss's long before Mike was on the scene, no one on this board knows Tyson like I do!
    As to the rest of the topic this is the culture today and like every other culture its annoying to adults just like every generation is!! My comment about Tyson was that he was a braggert and his demeanor was all Bravado! In reality he got bullied and punked out! When Ali was carrying on he backed up his talk! Theres a difference in the results that makes Tyson a BS'er and Ali just annoying!! The kids today are more disrespectfull and theres to much bravado!'As for Broner he's to young right now he's trapped in thinking he's a leader of the hip hop BS that kids get caught in. He has time to grow up but it needs to be done in the next two years! Thats that!!! Ray.
    Even if you were with Tyson when he was 13 (which is disputable) it doesn't mean anything on this particular debate. You were saying that he caused a downfall in media attention because of his comments before a fight which just isn't true, whether you knew him or not.

Your other point doesn't really add up, its all bravado. Ali knew what he was doing, he was building interest in the fight and same is true for Tyson. You claim one was a BS'er because he got beat? Pretty sure Ali got beat after laying and **** load of abuse onto Frazier. - Either way this still doesn't back up what you said earlier, you just went off on a tangent.

Fair point about Broner though.

Comment

You missed my whole point! Forget it just isn't worth the trouble to get a base point across!
      the downfall was the after math of Tyson being exposed as a bully not an unbeatable force!! The media doesn't want to cover the "gangsta" Mayweather because his bravado is hip hop do you get it now!! Its NOT main stream its not "apple pie" easy to digest personalities!! ala Ray Leonard!
      Am I getting through................................ Ray.

Comment

You missed my whole point! Forget it just isn't worth the trouble to get a base point across!
        the downfall was the after math of Tyson being exposed as a bully not an unbeatable force!! The media doesn't want to cover the "gangsta" Mayweather because his bravado is hip hop do you get it now!! Its NOT main stream its not "apple pie" easy to digest personalities!! ala Ray Leonard!
        Am I getting through................................ Ray.
        Maybe because you have no idea about the point you are trying to make. The media love a rise & fall and they lapped the Tyson story up.

You are getting through but you keep changing the point of your post and each point is flawed.
        Last edited by The Iron Man; 02-13-2013, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Done....................to much time spent on nothing!!! 'Global appeal can't be attained with bullies, and gagsta's!! Men cussing and threatening to kill one another in a ring is NOT main stream news its sensationalizm that last for a few minutes not a career. Ofcourse I have no idea, I promoted shows and managed fighters and you've done................................none! Ray

Comment

Ray,

All of this started because you incorrectly said "could care less" instead of "couldn't care less".

Could care less is redundant. There's just no point to it.

I expect better in future.

Comment

I don't see a good outcome for Rees, Broner is loaded with talent, confidence and smarts, a bad combination to to deal with. Rees stays busy and works hard, but that won't be enough.

Comment

Broner stops him in a mismatch, Rees is domestic level

Comment

Done....................to much time spent on nothing!!! 'Global appeal can't be attained with bullies, and gagsta's!! Men cussing and threatening to kill one another in a ring is NOT main stream news its sensationalizm that last for a few minutes not a career. Ofcourse I have no idea, I promoted shows and managed fighters and you've done................................none! Ray
                  At least you managed to get your point across, even though I disagree with it. so one can disagree with you then? Because you claim to have trained everyone, promoted, managed, held the spit buckets, cuddled them at night. People can form good opinions from not having been there.

Comment

Broner

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                    What do you think?

Broner is improving with fight. I wasn't especially impressed against De Leon but I still thought he did enough to win.

I don't think too many of us expected the demolition of DeMarco though. I thought he might outspeed him but not dismantle him the way he did.

When the Rees fight was made I initially thought 'massacre' but I'm not sure if Broner will be as up for this bout.

I still think he'll win handily & will want a stoppage but I reckon his intensity level will be down & we'll just see him start fast but then settle down to a slow beat down with a 3rd quarter stoppage.

Of course, if Rees freezes on his first US bout it could be all over in a round or two.
                    I really think , that ,Broner is growing to be something special to watch for years do come ,
                    As far as Rees fight , very easy win for him

Comment

Demolition

Comment

Working...
                      X