Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Oscar de la Hoya dive against Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the golden boy did! Dont care what anyone says, Horrible acting job

Comment

No. I've been hit with crippling liver punches, and watching the tape it's not usually the big ones that hurt. Also, I don't see what a guy like Bernard, with next to no fan-base (especially back then) could possibly bring to the table that would make Oscar take a dive. Is it really his strong business sense that he brought to Golden Boy? That's weird, cause I don't even think he graduated high school..
      Last edited by Spiegelo; 01-22-2013, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
        No. I've been hit with crippling liver punches, and watching the tape it's not usually the big ones that hurt. Also, I don't see what a guy like Bernard, with next to no fan-base (especially back then) could possibly bring to the table that would make Oscar take a dive. Is it really his strong business sense that he brought to Golden Boy? That's weird, cause I don't even think he graduated high school..
        This right here^^^^. Green K given..

Comment

I don't think so. Oscar had already been hurt to the body in the fight. Look at them raising his arms in between rounds, that is something you do to a fighter that has been hurt to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            I take it a lot of posters have never been hit in the liver before. That crap hurts like no other. Although I will say I saw Maidana get up from that same shot, but then again Maidana doesn't go around wearing fishnet stockings.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
              I think he could have gotten up from that but decided to stay down because he knew he would have gotten embarrassed the rest of the fight. Hopkins was slowly beating fishnets up.
              bingo!!!!...my opinion as well!!

Comment

It seemed like it happened as soon as Hopkins started turning up the pressure. If you watch that fight, it happened shortly after Oscar started trying to get away from Hopkins. Before that, Oscar was pretty much standing his ground. He might have quite, because he felt he was heading toward getting KO'd anyway.

Comment

He was a welterweight fighting a really good middleweight. It would have been a tremendous win on his resume. Why would he have lost on purpose?

He was in alot of pain as well. He didn't take a dive.

Comment

He threw that fight for whatever reason, it's something I've always thought. That bodyshot had absolutely no power behind it...

Plus him and Hopkins were good friends, even now Hopkins owns part of Golden Boy.

It was a terrible acting job.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                      He threw that fight for whatever reason, it's something I've always thought. That bodyshot had absolutely no power behind it...

Plus him and Hopkins were good friends, even now Hopkins owns part of Golden Boy.

It was a terrible acting job.
                      clown ass dude ....how do you KNOW that?!?.....to say he was acting is one thing but to take it THAT far is just corny...typical you though!

Comment

Working...
                      X