marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradley, then retire.

Comment

Retire. The fight showed that he's lost a step physically, he's lucky to have been able to fight on this long. Go out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
        Retire. The fight showed that he's lost a step physically, he's lucky to have been able to fight on this long. Go out on top.
        What?! The dude just starched Manny Pacquiao. That was a physical masterpiece.

Comment

I think he should retire. He has a chance to leave while at the top, he should take it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
            What?! The dude just starched Manny Pacquiao. That was a physical masterpiece.
            No, it was a technical masterpiece. He was losing the fight clearly for the first time since the early rounds of their first meeting, and would have been stopped before the final bell if his timing wasn't still as solid as ever. Pacquiao has lost a step physically as well now, that was also finally clear.
            Last edited by Miburo; 12-10-2012, 04:28 AM.

Comment

No, it was a technical masterpiece. He was losing the fight clearly for the first time since the early rounds of their first meeting.
              I had him down 4-2, but he changed his approach a little bit. He wasn't unleashing as many combinations and was instead loading up on right hand bombs as Pac backed up. It's a less effective strategy for a decision, but if you've got the power to pull it off...well you saw.

He's gotta be either 1 or 2 p4p right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                I had him down 4-2, but he changed his approach a little bit. He wasn't unleashing as many combinations and was instead loading up on right hand bombs as Pac backed up. It's a less effective strategy for a decision, but if you've got the power to pull it off...well you saw.

He's gotta be either 1 or 2 p4p right now.
                Even if that's the case, he's clearly in the twilight of his career as an elite fighter. Time to pack it in before he shows up one night and simply doesn't have it anymore. He's not a defensive master like Hopkins, he's an offensive fighter, now more than ever. All these late-career wars exact a toll, and he's almost 40.

Comment

Even if that's the case, he's clearly in the twilight of his career as an elite fighter. Time to pack it in before he shows up one night and simply doesn't have it anymore. He's not a defensive master like Hopkins, he's an offensive fighter, now more than ever. All these late-career wars exact a toll, and he's almost 40.
                  Maybe so. You're probably right, but you gotta understand that this is my first favorite fighter and I reaaaaaaally don't want to see him go away. I would love to see him crucify Danny Garcia. Or what if he fought Rios. My goodness. What a war.

No, he's not a defensive master, but he's a solid defensive fighter when the situation calls for it.

Comment

For JMM's sake, I'd like to see him retire. For my sake, I still want to see him in action. I love the way he fights and think there are still fights/performances left in him that will give me the kind of fighting I think the game is lacking (highly-skilled, but offensive-minded).

Comment

Despite getting the KO, I honestly thought he looked the worst I've ever seen him look. HE couldn't pull the trigger on many, many occasions that in previous fights against Pac, he would be doing multiple punch combos'. HE's gotten old and I think someone is going to get a big surprise next, if he fights again, when he suddenly comes in all but shot.

It's like Duran after Leonard I. He had climbed the ultimate peak. His true spirit disappeared after that fight. You can already sense that Marquez is gone. He's talking about wanting to retire and doing so if his kids ask him to, and he's just got the one win of his career that's been his career long boon.

I'd love to see him finish now.

Comment

Working...
                      X