No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly-Bellew: Harsh Words Exchanged, Vows of War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cleverly-Bellew: Harsh Words Exchanged, Vows of War

As previously reported, promoter Frank Warren has officially announced the long awaited showdown between WBO world light heavyweight Champion Nathan Cleverly and challenger Tony Bellew for Saturday, the 15th of October, at the Liverpool Echo Arena.

[Click Here To Read More]

Come on Nathan. Beat down that dirty scouse ****

Comment

Couldn't agree with u more on that one.

Clev needs to keep his head and not get reckless with this guy. I'd be happy to see a dominating boxing performance, break the little fuc&ers heart and take him out late ish.

Nathans leaps and bounds ahead of this guy in pure ability but if he goes to war then he's subjected to one punch can change anything.

Comment

Be interesting to see if Cleverly has progressed.

If he's improved his defence and distance decision making.

Bellew showed last time out that he can do more than just trade and full credit to him boxed a smart tactical and defensive fight.

He proved he is versitile and can box to a game plan and be disciplined enough to stick to it.

He showed good ring IQ.

Whilst Cleverly is far more talented - Bellew has displayed the things you need to make it to the top.

He has two last minute replacements last two fights so a lot of people are putting his repetitive tactics down to that.

Cleverly and his team have come in for a lot of stick about the way he fights, they have plenty of time to study Bellew, his footwork and what shots he throws and when.

They could come up with a game plan to really take him to school, make him look silly, break him down and stop him.

This fight they could really answer a lot of questions about themselves and trainers and Nathan as a fighter and prove a lot of people wrong.

Has Cleverly got the ability to box and show maturity, versitility and discipline now he's World Champion.

Or, will Bellew be proven right - he says Cleverly limited and a ONE-TRICK PONY that can only fight macho and coming forward.

Bellew showed last time - he can let his head overrule his heart and box smart.

Bellew is already showing brains and clearly have a game plan to try and neutralise Cleverly's speed.

Will it be same old predictable Cleverly? Or will he start to really show the ability and skills that he has that should make him a top level fighter that I truely believe he can be.

Will Cleverly have a plan to neutralise Bellew strengths?

It will also be a hostile atmosphere for Cleverly, will he be calm and composed like the top fighters are.

A lot of questions. Oct 15th will find out the answers.

Comment

Manny ate my dog - great minds and at that!

Comment

Bellew is getting knocked spark out. Cleverly is levels above him in terms of skill.

Comment

Cleverly might be levels above Bellew in skill, but it's pointless having it if you don't use it

Comment

Cleverly in 5 rounds. This game is about levels, Bellew has a bit of pop but not much else. His chin is suspect, his skills are sub par, his shot selection is limited. Cleverly is levels above him but I agree in getting this bum out of the way and moving on to bigger things.

But I'd stay well away from BHop, he's like a witch doctor he ****s with your mind.

Comment

Easy nights work for Clev.. An early Ko will happen..

Comment

Quotes from an article in the Telegraph from Cleverly

"Both men enjoy a tear-up. Both are unbeaten. Bellew insists he will come to fight.

Cleverly says he will not back down. On the same night, Oct 15, Bernard Hopkins, the oldest world boxing champion in history, now aged 47, will defend his WBC light-heavyweight world title against former champion Chad Dawson, in the United States.

“But I’ve got to beat Tony Bellew first. I won’t be taking a backward step in that fight. I know I take risks, but fans like boxers who come to fight, and who are exciting.”

---------------

They don't Nathan, part-time fans do, fans that understand boxing think you're LIMITED AND ONE-TRICK PONY AND SO DOES BELLEW.

I didn't think so, everyone on forums and boxing fans you speak to in the pubs say this about you - Cleverly uses the 'exciting for the fans' line as an excuse to hide his limitations, it's all he can do.

There I've been defending you, saying you have the ability and talent, you;re versiltile and you'll show it.

Now I'm starting to think they're right, you are limited, definitely in the brain and Ring IQ DEPARTMENT.

What a waste of talent.

Shame!

--------------

Frank Warren, promoter of both Bellew and Cleverly, explained: “I have spoken with Richard Schaefer [Hopkins’s promoter, and the CEO of Oscar de la Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions] and if Bernard Hopkins comes through this, he could fight the winner of Cleverly-Bellew.

"This is a very lively division in the world at the moment. If Nathan Cleverly wins, the fight [with Hopkins] will be at the Millennium Stadium, most likely early next year. Hopkins is the fighter who has impressed me more than any other fighter in the world in the last couple of years.”

Cleverly insisted he is not looking past the challenge Bellew sets him, but is ultra-motivated at the prospect of facing Hopkins, too.

“I definitely want the Hopkins fight. I’m 24 now, and I believe still four years away from my peak. Bernard Hopkins is special. I’ve always watched him, he is a major American boxer, he oozes class, and I’m now in the position of being one fight away from beating a legend.

“I never thought at the time that I would get to fight him – I thought he’d be retired by the time I was a world champion. He seems to be getting better and better and is a genius at what he does.

"I watched him for a week at close quarters when Joe Calzaghe, who was once my mentor, fought him in Las Vegas, and I think he would struggle against my style.

----------------

Hopkins is a genius, Cleverly, currently you're the ring polar opposite.

You're smoking Wales' finest no doubt if you think he'll struggle with you or your style.

You don't even know how to cut the ring off - I think you should rewatch the Mohammedi fight

Hopkins has forgotten more than you'll ever know. Good luck with that

And that's if you get through Bellew being the one-dimensional, predictable fighter ONE-TRICK PONY THAT BELLEW AND FANS ARE SAYING YOU ARE.

Fighting his fight and the only way he could beat you, and you got belief that
                    beat Hopkins when you showing that he's a genius and you're ............

Comment

Working...
                    X