No announcement yet.

Is al haymon the bane of hbo boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is al haymon the bane of hbo boxing

It seems that since Al Haymon has joined HBO, the premier network for showcasing boxing, the sport has been getting worse and worse.

We first have to deal with the fact that Bob Arum does not like to do business with Mr. Haymon. This has led to fighters like Juanma Lopez to consistenly fight on PPV cards. 10 years ago, Juanma Lopez would have been a regular on HBO.

We also have to deal with all of these mismatches involving Al Haymon fighters. The most noticeable fighter is Andre Berto, who collects over million dollars to fight b level opposition. This wouldn't be a problem if Berto can put butt in the seats and get high ratings. Berto can do neither of these.

As much as I think Chavez is overated, I can guarantee you that if he fought on HBO he'd fill out the venue and get higher ratings.

I wouldn't approve of Chavez fighting on HBO unless it is against good opposition; however, HBO would at least be able to defend their decision by claiming high ratings.

What is their excuse for having Andre Berto on their network so often? He isn't fighting any top level fighters, he doesn't bring high ratings, and frankly, he is not that exciting.

What is the reason for their decision?

Al Haymon.
Working...
X