Roy Jones Downfall another explanation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones Downfall another explanation

Roy used to be something special

According to Jones's ex finacial advisor and friend Stanley Levin, Roys downfall was caused by outside distractions and not taking his training seriously anymore.

“He stopped training, he stopped listening,” said Levin, who For the record I have never bought into the whole he lost 14 lbs shasn’t spoken to Jones in two years though they both live in Pensacola, Fla. “Back in ’98 or ’99, I left him in 2000, I told him, ‘You’re not hearing me anymore.’ Every time I tried talking to him, he was acting like I was his enemy. He didn’t want to know the truth. I put 15, 16 years in with him. What it took for me to walk away from him, you have no idea.
    “There was a time I’d rather watch him in the gym than in a fight, he was so brilliant, and to see what’s happening now, I just can’t watch it. I remember he used to put a harness on his head with weights attached and he’d work his neck muscles so he could better take a punch. He stopped doing that years ago. He stopped going to the gym.
    Levin, who with his multimillionaire brother, Fred, took the hometown hero under their wings, said he doesn’t know what changed Jones. Maybe it was the “rappers” element the fighter started hanging with, Levin can’t be sure. Maybe it was Roy Jones Sr., whom the son regarded as not only as a trainer, but a tyrant.
    http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...ine-roy-jones/

For the recored I never fully believed that the reason for his downfall was the 14 lb weight loss, It now seems I was right for believing that.

When Roys speed slowed down his lack of defensive fundementals started to show themselves ,to me his career is even that more impressive not the best chin on earth and he managed to dominate a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
      When Roys speed slowed down his lack of defensive fundementals started to show themselves ,to me his career is even that more impressive not the best chin on earth and he managed to dominate a decade.
      If he beats Bhop again then it will be even more impressive. Hopefully he retires afterwards as well.

Comment

another of your posts on Roy Jones

Comment

Working...
        X