No announcement yet.

If JMM was smart he would push for Floyd rematch before 5th Pac fight= $$$$

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    so what makes everyone think Floyd would be interested in this rematch? He hasn't said anything so far that suggests even a spark of interest
    1- JMM is more deserving of a rematch to avenge his loss than Guerrero, Bradley or Canelo.

2- its on cinch de mayweather weekend

3- its the biggest PPV fight available for Mayweather IMO. I think Canelo would be because he has a fan base but I think Golden Boy should put Canelo in the ring with Cotto before a Mayweather fight.

can you imagine a card with Floyd vs JMM & Canelo vs Cotto?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
      shut up with this nonsense. floyd is not invincible floyd is on the decline. marquez looks faster and sharper and stronger. It would be a competitive fight now that he's use to the weight.
      I think there are 2 outcomes for a rematch. The first is JMM possibly making the fight more competitive or him getting dominated worse. Either way im anxious to see what each fighter has learned since the first fight in 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
        1- JMM is more deserving of a rematch to avenge his loss than Guerrero, Bradley or Canelo.

2- its on cinch de mayweather weekend

3- its the biggest PPV fight available for Mayweather IMO. I think Canelo would be because he has a fan base but I think Golden Boy should put Canelo in the ring with Cotto before a Mayweather fight.

can you imagine a card with Floyd vs JMM & Canelo vs Cotto?
        No, I can't.

If Canelo was to step up and fight someone that good, I see GBP allowing him to headline his own card instead of making it a Floyd undercard. There's more money to be made that way

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          No, I can't.

If Canelo was to step up and fight someone that good, I see GBP allowing him to headline his own card instead of making it a Floyd undercard. There's more money to be made that way
          I was pondering this but after the Cotto loss and Canelos last showing vs a washed up Mosley (though it was impressive display of skills), I dont see how that can sell on its own like it wouldve had Cotto defeated Trout. I think having Canelo as the co feature vs Cotto is a perfect showcase fight for Canelo which would/could lead to a potential Mayweather fight for mexican independence day in Sept 13. This PPV would be HUGE and it makes the most sense out of any PPV that I can think of at the moment.
          Last edited by Architect; 12-12-2012, 10:46 PM.

Comment

When is that going to be? Pac isnt fighting anytime soon.
            You don't know **** about who's fighting when. Your argument is weak, let it go.

Comment

I was pondering this but after the Cotto loss and Canelos last showing vs a washed up Mosley (though it was impressive display of skills), I dont see how that can sell on its own like it wouldve had Cotto defeated Trout. I think having Canelo as the co feature vs Cotto is a perfect showcase fight for Canelo which would/could lead to a potential Mayweather fight for mexican independence day in Sept 13. This PPV would be HUGE and it makes the most sense out of any PPV that I can think of at the moment.
              It definitely wouldn't sell as well had Cotto defeated Trout.

I think it can still sell though for three reasons. Canelo supplies to the Mexican fanbase, and they can be very illogical when supporting one of theirs, just ask antonio marg. Cotto is the 3-4 biggest draw in boxing. PR-Mexico rivalry

Comment

Marquez stock is at an all time High but a rematch does nothing for Mayweather. Why would he fight Marquez again? So you can say he ducked Canelo? Just go watch the 1st fight again to refresh your memory.

Comment

I think Floyd proves a point by KO him if they fight again.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    That's cause you're a fanboy, not a boxing fan. Boxing fans crave rematches of great fights, you wanna see a rematch of a boring one sided fight, hoping for an even more one sided one.
                    Isnt this a new Marquez , the new one KOed Manny and your saying Floyd will make him look like an amateur again , now that doesnt say too much about Manny does it , you want you cake and eat it too but in reality , any body Floyd can fight Manny can fight and visa versa because they 147 pounders coming from the same place , but thats not how it works in Pacville is it .

Floyd must go up to 154 and Manny gets a small bum like Rios , do you ever think how much your standards flip flop , it is you and yours that is the fanboy .

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                      shut up with this nonsense. floyd is not invincible floyd is on the decline. marquez looks faster and sharper and stronger. It would be a competitive fight now that he's use to the weight.
                      Floyd is not invincible

Floyd is on the decline

Floyd will STILL whip that ass

Comment

Working...
                      X