No announcement yet.

Fernando Vargas vs Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    The reason its the Mayweather Cotto is because of the weight class.... Unless you want a prime Cotto at 147 vs prime Vargas at 154 in whih case its a brutal KO of Cotto within 8. :|...
    Well, we could always do a fantasy fight prime for prime but at 147 or 154. =X

Anyway, Vargas always meh to me. I never really liked him... I think it had something to do with that little hair...

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      Well, we could always do a fantasy fight prime for prime but at 147 or 154. =X

Anyway, Vargas always meh to me. I never really liked him... I think it had something to do with that little hair...
      Well, I never liked him much myself either but dude was a warrior and the "good" part of his career was short, but sweet. Maybe not for him...>__>... He just happened to fight some badder lions. Right place wrong time. If only he was prime right now he' have faired slightly better.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        If only he was prime right now he' have faired slightly better.
        I think I like Canelo less and would've loved to see Vargas knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Roids tend to turn the most gentle people into absolute beasts...

Btw why is this prime Vargas vs a post-Margarito Cotto
          Sure why not. Post margarito Cotto vs a post Tito Vargas

Good question & point btw.

Only thing is the weight difference. That's why I said the Cotto that fought Floyd since it was his best performance at 154.
          Last edited by lx!!; 09-14-2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I liked Vargas, but there's a reason his career was short. He was too emotional. he got mad and his feelings took over rationality-control. Remaining calm helps keep you in your game plan and helps you think on your feet and adjust quicker.

Cotto that fought Floyd beats prime Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by lx!! View Post
              Only thing is the weight difference. That's why I said the Cotto that fought Floyd since it was his best performance at 154.
              Yea, I kinda missed that. But I think I'd still pick Cotto over Vargas.

Comment

Vargas puts cotto down.

Comment

The Cotto that fought Mayweather was past prime in my opinion. A prime Vargas beats any Cotto and he walks through that Cotto for a KO. Vargas was a real 154 pounder and I don't think Cotto is. To me Vargas was better than Cotto in every way. He was just as fast, a better boxer, more stamina, will power, chin and punching power. Trinidad took the prime right out of Vargas and hurt his ability to take a punch. Before Trinidad Vargas had never even been hurt.

Comment

Varges was too big for Cotto , but for some reason I see Cotto having a good chance

Comment

Too big for Cotto. Vargas was a beast at 154. At 147 Cotto destroys him, did Vargas ever fought at 147?

Comment

Working...
                      X