Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lewis win vs Golota > Any of Wlad's wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    Vitali wasn't in his prime yet.
    lol,,,, when was his prime,, he retired 2 years later,,, when he fought lewis he had amateur career, plus 40+ fights, plus had already won a title and was in the midst of his best run,,,

When was vitali prime??????????

Comment

It's a ******ed OP and an obvious troll attempt. Wlad has plenty of better names on his resume than Golota, more skilled and/or with better career accomplishments:

Povetkin
      Haye
      Eddie Chambers
      Ibragimov
      Chris Byrd
      Chagaev

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        lol,,,, when was his prime,, he retired 2 years later,,, when he fought lewis he had amateur career, plus 40+ fights, plus had already won a title and was in the midst of his best run,,,

When was vitali prime??????????
        Sadly, during his layoff.. but I would consider his real fighting 'prime' as vs Danny Williams, and his 'second' career 2008-present. He was still not as polished a fighter vs Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Grant was a huge win

He came with a high KO ratio, great reach, height, reminds me of Wilder.

He'd have posed problems for any boxer back then.

Lewis made mince meat out of him
          Just like Wlad will make mince out of Wilder...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Good question,,, but if you take things in the context of when they happened,,,

Holyfield was the undisputed champ

Briggs was lineal

Golata was prime

Ruddock was proclaimed by HBO to be the uncrowned champ when tyson went to jail

Grant was hugely hyped

Tua was hugely hyped

Plus he stopped a prime vitali

lewis had much better wins,, Haye wouldnt beat tua, ruddock, etc... i think he could ko golata,, maybe beat grant n briggs,, he would def get beat up by mercer, and probably bruno, morrison, and even Zultan would have been tough
            I did take things in the context they happened. Holyfield was a unified champ but he was old, beyond war torn and would end up losing a trilogy to John Ruiz shortly after going 1-0-1 with Lewis (1-1 on my cards). Briggs is among the worst lineal champions of all time. Golota was prime, but again, he lost every big fight he ever fought, his career was a joke. Tua was hyped, but again, he never did anything but lose the big ones, unless you consider beating Ruiz to be some huge accomplishment (fat James Toney managed that feat). Saying he stopped prime Vitali is kind of like saying you won the lottery if you win 5 bucks on a scratch off a ticket after spending a 100 on them, it doesn't quite tell the true story.

I think Mercer may well have beaten Haye, but again, I thought he beat Lewis. Bruno and Morrison could beat Haye, but I highly doubt they would and neither accomplished anywhere near what Haye has. Mavrovic was a one hit wonder, and that one hit came when he took Lewis to the brink. He was a no one.

Comment

Sadly, during his layoff.. but I would consider his real fighting 'prime' as vs Danny Williams, and his 'second' career 2008-present. He was still not as polished a fighter vs Lewis.
              I do agree that vitali had climbed to the mountain top but then retired,, i consider him the best heavy since lewis and H2H much better than wlad IMO

Comment

When Wlad decides to fight anyone other than a truck driver we may find out

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  When Wlad decides to fight anyone other than a truck driver we may find out
                  Has Haye taken up truck driving in his retirement? Did he mismanage his money or something?

Comment

Agreed on that, definitely would have been interesting to see how Vitali could have dominated if he was active between 2005-08...

This - exactly, it actually reminds me now of how the Lewis v Grant fight was - Undisputed (Well, Wlad is pretty much right now) world champ from Europe fighting a big, athletic American hype job. Even the tale of the tape is similar, Wilder is slightly bigger and has more reach than Wlad just like Grant had over Lewis, you can even imagine the fight would go the same way, Wilder would come out aggressively like Grant did and then promptly collapse when he eats a few clean shots, if Wlad really wanted it I could see a similar early ending but you can't deny Wilder is potentially dangerous with his power so I could see it going a bit longer...

Comment

It's a ******ed OP and an obvious troll attempt. Wlad has plenty of better names on his resume than Golota, more skilled and/or with better career accomplishments:

Povetkin
                      Haye
                      Eddie Chambers
                      Ibragimov
                      Chris Byrd
                      Chagaev
                      When did any of those fighters smash up the legitimate champion?

Comment

Working...
                      X