Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Iole: MLB's handling of Biogenesis makes combat sports look like a joke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Iole: MLB's handling of Biogenesis makes combat sports look like a joke

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-...065504785.html

Honestly, who cares if Boxing isn't as popular as baseball... that doesn't mean we should sweep it under the rug. I doubt anything is going to come of this

Dr. Margaret Goodman, the former chairwoman of the Nevada Athletic Commission's Medical Advisory Committee who now operates the non-profit Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency, was asked if drug-testing run by the state athletic commissions was rigorous and sufficient enough to catch the majority of PED users.
    She laughed before answering.
    "No. No. No," she said. "You know the answer to that as well as I do. In some circumstances, it's sufficient, but under 98, 99 percent of the cases, it is just not [enough]. … It's just not rigorous enough."
    No surprise here
    It is not believed that any boxing or MMA promoter has reached out to law-enforcement officials who are handling the Biogenesis case to find out if any of their athletes are among those that Fischer said were customers.
    But because of the rules are now, those fighters who cheated and took performance enhancing drugs at the Biogenesis anti-aging clinic are likely going to be able to walk free with no punishment.
    They'll get to continue to compete with no fine and no suspension, while baseball players such as Ryan Braun and, ultimately, Rodriguez, will lose millions.
    Last edited by Hougigo; 08-07-2013, 05:36 AM.

I wish I knew who the fighters were on that list now

Comment

If Gamboa was the only name mentioned, I doubt anyone bigger than him was on the list. This company was in Miami and most the names we saw were of Caribbean descent, so I guess think of fighters matching that criteria. Gamboa does.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        If Gamboa was the only name mentioned, I doubt anyone bigger than him was on the list. This company was in Miami and most the names we saw were of Caribbean descent, so I guess think of fighters matching that criteria. Gamboa does.
        I doubt much is going to come out of it either since Gamboa isn't even going to be punished. Guess I was thinking maybe a fighter fighting out of Florida would be on there

Comment

Working...
        X