No announcement yet.

Anyone seen this? (Pic inside)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen this? (Pic inside)

After a thorough review by five veteran judges commissioned by the WBO, Pacquiao was declared the unanimous decision winner by the panel, but Bradley is nevertheless still the WBO's welterweight champion.

Doesn't this mean the W should go to Pacman even though Bradley keeps the belt?

Boxrec actually originally listed Pacquiao as the winner for a while. They got some Pacquiao nuthuggers over there at boxrec.

Anyway, I don't think belt sanction bodies have any power to overturn decisions. Or maybe they do. Who keeps track of the *official* records? The state?

Also, the WBO made Pacquiao the Super WBO Champion whatever the hell that means.

Comment

Lol you coulda just given the link to that page cuz i had to pop out my magnifying glass to read that

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Anyway, I don't think belt sanction bodies have any power to overturn decisions. Or maybe they do. Who keeps track of the *official* records? The state?
        Yes, the sanctioning bodies do not have any say in decisions. However, they can order immediate rematches in controversial fights if need be. State/national athletic commissions are in charge of assigning the judges, overturning decisions (in case of something like failed drug tests), ect.

That footnote should not be on boxrec, but boxrec's credibility has become a lot more suspect recently. Like in their initial refusal to recognized Haye-Chisora, for example.

Comment

Smear campaign...

Bradley won...

Comment

erik morales also poisoned pacquiao.

Comment

That is some SUPER fan boy ****

Comment

the big bang theory is such a moronic show btw.

Comment

If they disagree with what went down, then an immediate rematch should have been ordered by the sanctioning bodies.

Or even if they did ordered is Pacman is allowed to choose to do it at a more later date if he feels so?

Comment

well im a hattonite does that mean they'll change hattons record back to undefeated...

Comment

Working...
                    X