Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is HBO making a mistake by not putting Bradley/Alexander on BAD (boxing after dark)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
    That's a serious stretch. It's a big, awesome fight to us, but most of the general public hasn't heard of either one of these guys.
    Exactly.

Nobody outside of NSB is "clamoring" for this fight.

The only way I would support this being on WCB would be if it was the lead up to a major fight. That way moar people would see them and then they could develop a real following.

Them headlining will do average ratings since nobody knows them.

Comment

If I was HBO I wouldn't pay moar than 1.5 mill for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
        I hope they didn't put up a lot. This fight is probably gonna blow.

2.5 mill is too much for these two imo.
        It'll be a good fight man. Bradley's really aggressive and Alexander won't wanna back down.

2.5 isn't a lot.

HBO put up 3.5 for Cotto-Clottey and Cotto-Foreman. That's a star with no name opponents.

This is two young budding stars. I think it sounds right to be honest.

Unrelated but did you guys know that the only $4 million WCB fight was Hopkins-Calzaghe. Only fight HBO has put up $4 million for, that **** fight.
        Last edited by savorduhflavor; 10-11-2010, 07:24 PM.

Comment

It deserves it's own 24/7......

Comment

That's a serious stretch. It's a big, awesome fight to us, but most of the general public hasn't heard of either one of these guys.
            It's the off weekend before the super bowl. I'm telling you, HBO is gonna market this fight like it's the most important fight in American boxing. They are gonna be like these are the two brightest faces in the sport and only one can carry the torch for American boxing. I think they are even having a 30 minute countdown show for the fight. HBO will make the casual fan want to tune in for the fight.

Comment

Another terrible move by HBO.

Alexander vs Bradley = overrated American BUM vs overrated American BUM

Kotelnik would beat Alexander (again) and Bradley on the same night.

Comment

It'll be a good fight man. Bradley's really aggressive and Alexander won't wanna back down.

2.5 isn't a lot.

HBO put up 3.5 for Cotto-Clottey and Cotto-Foreman. That's a star with no name opponents.

This is two young budding stars. I think it sounds right to be honest.
                Cotto has real drawing power though. He could fight Iceta in MSG and sell that **** out.

I have a real issue with the label "stars" for anyone of these two. I think that term gets thrown around more loosely with every passing year.

It doesn't feel like they've done anything to deserve it. Bradley is scratching the surface, but he's not there yet. It would help if he started getting some k.o's.

Comment

I applaud HBO for doing what it takes to get the fight made. If they keep the two on that level of pay, that's their problem. HBO has a history (going back to Roy Jones) of overpaying despite no real competition, basically bidding against themselves. Showtime has only a fraction of the budget that HBO does and won't pay guys like Bradley or Alexander anywhere near that much.

Comment

Those dudes' heads are gonna blow up now!

Comment

These two don't deserve this slot, but it's typical of HBO in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X