Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquez strategy? Available sparring partners?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez strategy? Available sparring partners?

Are there any sparring partners that are considered "adequate" in preparation for a bout against Mayweather? Mosley appeared to do a good job but was obviously doing DLH the favor. What options does Marquez have? I believe Joan Guzman would be the closest but not available. What do you do in their situation?

Is there anything they can do to simulate the real bout?

What can Nacho/JMM do to prepare for such a size disadvantage? Is there anything that Mayweather does, other than showboat, that someone could exploit? The most common strategy has been to apply pressure and be physical but that hasn't seemed to work.

I've seen about 6 of his fights and have never seen Mayweather take a clean punch. The closest I've ever seen him to frazzled was against Castillo which is a fight that I believe he lost.

What are people betting on with Marquez? Ring rust? Distractions? MW overlooking him? I'm trying to find an answer for Marquez, but it seems like he's just trying to make a buck on a fight that doesn't cost his career anything.

Easy. Just do what the Minnesota Viking did to Barry sanders. Block the ring with some board and buy a wild chicken.

Comment

Sparring partners: guzman, forbes, any mayweather trained boxers w/ the shoulder roll defense.

Strategy: rounds 1-6 be busier. Rounds 7-12 counterpunch.

Tactics:
      - double/ triple jabs to the chest / neck / inside shoulder area not the head
      - counter the jab to the stomach with right hooks
      - double triple up on left hooks and left uppercuts

Jmm can't win, but he can make it a close fight so as to embarrass floyd and then cry about the decision as if u got robbed, thereby getting credit in defeat.

Comment

golden boy promotions or jmm's team should have gotten their ass in gear and gotten steve forbes as a sparring partner.

Comment

I agree that It's going to be near impossible for him to pull off a win but as you said, this is a fight with no downside for him. He's going to use what I now call the Malignaggi approach. The difference being that he's not vocal about the obvious disadvantages, which possibly wins him more of the public.

The only hope that I can see is that Marquez does match Mayweather in terms of ring awareness and the ability to alter their strategy during the fight.
          Last edited by mexpwr915; 08-28-2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X