Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bruce lee vs any boxer (106lbs to 240lbs)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
    i doubt bruce, (all hearsay of course, as we wont ever know) would go for a KO.
    He'd break your legs, arms, go for the throat, eyes etc. Or at least try to.
    yeah sure he would. Like he did to........Wong Jack Man?

FAIL

Comment

• This thread is still going on.

I would actually pay money to watch Bruce fight someone like Tyson in front of crowd of people.

The silence and look of shock and despair on their faces would be like a kid finding out santaclaus doesn't exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by liam_48@msn.com View Post
        ok, untill someone shows me a video of him actually fighting then hes nothing but a movie star. I couldn't care less what people say regarding bruce lee and how great of a fighter he is because, they idolize him and are single minded. So show me a video of him displaying his skills and ill make my own mind up. LMAO at thinking some people believe actually believe he would destroy, Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali its just laughable.
        Not just fighting anyone, but fighting a world class opponent. Some of these dumb ass people want others to be just as gullible as they are and believe the **** with no solid evidence. One thing is doing a one fingered push up another is taking a Tyson punch or putting hands on and stopping Ali.

The way I see it, just putting him in the type of company people mention him being able to go against is already incredibly flattering. I don't think he could mess with Tommy Hearns or Julian Jackson or others.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
          yeah sure he would. Like he did to........Wong Jack Man?

FAIL
          i fail to see how i failed. please enlighten me. Because the ONE time he did fight and there was an account of it (ok, several accounts) Wong Jack Man said himself that Lee went for the eyes and throat (and groin). U seem to know your stuff so I'm sure you've read what he said happened in that "fight"

And saying as I also said he wasnt a fighter and I'm not arguing he could beat anyone, and was merely pointing out what he would TRY to do in a fight I really cant see how I failed

Comment

• Originally posted by jkdking View Post
            for the people that says bruce lee was a actor not a fighter.

Interviewer: We know Bruce was an excellent screen fighter, but he could REALLY fight?

Bob Wall: "Let's get something straight, Bruce Lee was the real deal. I know alot of people think he was only good on the screen but they are wrong. Dead wrong! Many people have already had found out the hard way just how wrong they were!"

Interviewer: How did he train to be such a competent fighter?

Bob Wall: "You have got to remember where Bruce came from. He fought constantly as a teenager in Hong Kong. He used to be in a gang, so he was quite used to fighting. I remember talking to his family when we were filming Enter the Dragon in Hong Kong, and they said Bruce would sometimes come home all bloody, and they thought he was going to die, only to find out the blood came from the guy he had just beat up! Oh, Bruce lost his share of fights too, and this is one reason he became so intent on taking up a martial art. Because if you can't fight well, it could get you killed. One day he wondered what would happen if he was caught without his gang, and his parents took him to Yip Man, a well known Wing Chun instructor in Hong Kong. A few years later, Bruce's parents were being contacted by the Hong Kong police so often for fighting, they said if he gets caught one more time, he's going to jail.
            This caused his parents to send him to America and start a new life here.
            Moving ahead many years later, Bruce came up with the idea to spar full contact making the training as real as possible.
            He fought with anyone that was willing. I've fought with Bruce myself a number of times, and had witnessed or had heard of many sparring sessions not just with other martial artists, but with champion Karate fighters, such as Louis Delgado, Skipper Mullins, Jim Kelly, Pat Burleson, Chuck Norris, Allen Steen and a few others. You have got to understand where these guys had come from in terms of practical self defense. While some came from the streets as Mullins and Steen had, most of these guys were used to fighting within the confines of a ring, so what Bruce was doing was a real wake up call for them."

Interviewer: What do you mean wake up call?

Bob Wall: "Well, it's like this...all great fighters have the same make-up in terms of intensity, commitment, will, drive and of course talent. Now, you have to remember that the type of fighting most Karate champions were used to, had rules and restrictions. It was SUPPOSED to be no contact to light contact, but people were always getting hurt, some quite badly, so they were used to contact. And even though many of these guys were really tough, I mean REALLY tough, and could take it as well as dish it out, they weren't prepared for Bruce.
            Just the look on their faces was a sight to behold when Bruce would just move in and shut them down. They were used to trading punches and kicks with other fast and powerful opponents, and scoring on them frequently. You know, more evenly matched. I know it was hard for me to deal with the frustration when sparring with Bruce, and I know it was exceptionally hard for alot of them.
            Especially since Bruce never fought professionally."

Interviewer: It must have been embarrassing for some of these guys.

Bob Wall: "Think about it this way...many of these guys were WORLD CHAMPIONS. They had faced and defeated the best in the business accross the globe. They are proud fighters. Who wouldn't be humiliated losing to a guy who has not fought professionally, and has no rank or certification to boot? It is my opinion that losing to Bruce in some ways was more devastating than losing a title fight. At least in a title fight, you know your opponent worked his butt off to get there, and it took a great deal of time. Many years of hard work, and paying your dues. Then you fight this little 140 pound guy and he just cleans your clock."

Interviewer: Can you really call them fights? I mean, sparring isn't really fighting is it?

Wall: "YOU tell these guys they weren't real fights. It was damn brutal!
            In fact, most of these guys have never taken that kind of punishment before, but they sure learned the difference between what they were used to, and what they were learning from Bruce!

Interviewer: Were there any rules, or did you really try and hurt each other?

Bob Wall: "Well, we certainly didn't want to see anyone get hurt, that's just an inevitability sometimes. And no, the only rule was no following through with joint locks. If we did follow through, reconstructive surgery would be needed.

Interviewer So Bruce fought with grapplers too?

Bob Wall: "Bruce fought with EVERYBODY! Anyone who wanted to spar was welcome. We had people from every type of combat imaginable from punchers and kickers, to wrestlers, boxers, and everyone in between. Bruce loved to train, and we loved to train too. The list of people who worked with Bruce at one point in his life or another, reads like a who's who in the martial arts community.
            I want you to understand that it wasn't like Bruce came in and kicked everyone's butt, and was all high and mighty. It's just that Bruce could pick things up very quickly, and adapt what he learned into his personal way of fighting almost immediately. Now, don't get me wrong, Bruce was learning right along with the rest of us, and I'm sure he would be the first to admit that.
            He once told me that if you ever think you've learned everything, your dead in the water. It just seemed to us that Bruce was alot farther down the path to self mastery than any of the other people in the martial arts at that time.
            James Worley said he couldnt get anywhere near Bruce Lee let alone beat him!
            He was one in a billion!
            Look at my sig.... A quote from the great heavyweight champion boxer Jack Dempsey himself.

Bruce is a legend. People can only imitate him. The closest I have seen to him is Tommy Carruther.

Comment

• Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
              i fail to see how i failed. please enlighten me. Because the ONE time he did fight and there was an account of it (ok, several accounts) Wong Jack Man said himself that Lee went for the eyes and throat (and groin). U seem to know your stuff so I'm sure you've read what he said happened in that "fight"

And saying as I also said he wasnt a fighter and I'm not arguing he could beat anyone, and was merely pointing out what he would TRY to do in a fight I really cant see how I failed
              Wong Man Jack also said he defended against him rather easily.

He might try to do that in a fight I suppose eyes, throats, but not all that fanciful arm/leg break stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                Not just fighting anyone, but fighting a world class opponent. Some of these dumb ass people want others to be just as gullible as they are and believe the **** with no solid evidence. One thing is doing a one fingered push up another is taking a Tyson punch or putting hands on and stopping Ali.

The way I see it, just putting him in the type of company people mention him being able to go against is already incredibly flattering. I don't think he could mess with Tommy Hearns or Julian Jackson or others.
                Glad to see there are still smart people in the world

Comment

Glad to see there are still smart people in the world
                  Well of course. Hearns has too much reach. Hell, Bruce said himself that he wouldn't be able to beat Ali in a boxing match. "Just look at his hand and then look at mine." was the words Bruce Lee said when talking about it.

Comment

• lmao @ lee beating ali......pacqiua would smash bruce lee

Comment

Look at you losing your mind again. Sorry that your fake fantasy hero worship bubble just got shattered yet again. Accept it, the fighter stories are overblown-since LEE NEVER FOUGHT.

I've trained enough don't you worry your little fanboy head about it.
                      Get back to your dream world where Lebel choked Lee son. You havent shattered anything. You just let yourself down and as long as you let yourself down people will keep ramming down your throat bruce was the best ever fighter as punishment to you.
                      But is true he was the best fighter anyway so its not like we are going to feel guilty by saying it.

Wong made up stories about the bruce fight to try get a rematch. WOng was a true martial artist. Because up until fighting bruce, wong thought he himself was very good and to be humiliated like that to Lee he wanted to redeem himself.
                      Making out publicly there was controversy to try goad Lee into a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X