No announcement yet.

Did you guys catch Coach Rick on MTV's "Made?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you guys catch Coach Rick on MTV's "Made?"

He was helping Joe Frazier's son get in shape and learn to box for an exhibition fight.

Apparently he's also doing a seminar for some Stanford University faculty. The guy sure has gotten far on the back of the Mayweathers' padwork.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    He was helping Joe Frazier's son get in shape and learn to box for an exhibition fight.

Apparently he's also doing a seminar for some Stanford University faculty. The guy sure has gotten far on the back of the Mayweathers' padwork.
    I'm not mad at Coach Rick. Its not his fault people are a sucker for marketing. He played the game and who knew...

Guys like him and others are what this video was all about
    I actually have to question my decision making. I could have been a commercial boxing coach but I have always refused. I always wanted to work with fighters and share smart boxing training on the internet. That was dumb...I should have watered down, kissed ass on youtube like a few other trainers do, and kissed ass on forums...consumers are stupid so F_____ skills, its really all about marketing

He should give Mayweather 80% of his earnings however

Comment

I saw that lol.

How you gonna waste Joe Frazier's genetics like that? His son was fat as ****

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson
        I'm not mad at Coach Rick. Its not his fault people are a sucker for marketing. He played the game and who knew...

Guys like him and others are what this video was all about

I actually have to question my decision making. I could have been a commercial boxing coach but I have always refused. I always wanted to work with fighters and share smart boxing training on the internet. That was dumb...I should have watered down, kissed ass on youtube like a few other trainers do, and kissed ass on forums...consumers are stupid so F_____ skills, its really all about marketing

He should give Mayweather 80% of his earnings however
        why?????..........

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
          why?????..........
          in business you have what's called piggy back marketing. he came up manipulating search engines off Mayweather's name

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
            in business you have what's called piggy back marketing. he came up manipulating search engines off Mayweather's name
            Eh, can't fault him for that. If he had a connection to Mayweather good for him for taking advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
              Eh, can't fault him for that. If he had a connection to Mayweather good for him for taking advantage of it.
              He didn't. He studied footage of Mayweather's sessions. Again, John Brown put out a tape, yeaaaaaars back where in one segment, it featured Roger with some amateur fighters breaking down his counterpunching drill that's been made famous. With the rise of sites like youtube and the advancement of the internet, any average joe is allowed to download videos from youtube, dailymotion, etc.

How would I know? That's exactly what I, an average joe, did. I was able to take numerous clips of Mayweather training, download the videos and watch just the mitt work portions and watch them in slow motion, like 1/8th and 1/16th speed, to understand what punches were being thrown; how to counter and utilize the mechanisms of Mayweather's defense.

Don't get it misconstrued, this Coach Rick guy has no affiliation with any of the Mayweather's. He simply studied their footage, bit off their style completely, and posts 20 videos a day on youtube titled *Mayweather-style mitt work, order my dvds so I can get paid for exploiting it*

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
                He didn't. He studied footage of Mayweather's sessions. Again, John Brown put out a tape, yeaaaaaars back where in one segment, it featured Roger with some amateur fighters breaking down his counterpunching drill that's been made famous. With the rise of sites like youtube and the advancement of the internet, any average joe is allowed to download videos from youtube, dailymotion, etc.

How would I know? That's exactly what I, an average joe, did. I was able to take numerous clips of Mayweather training, download the videos and watch just the mitt work portions and watch them in slow motion, like 1/8th and 1/16th speed, to understand what punches were being thrown; how to counter and utilize the mechanisms of Mayweather's defense.

Don't get it misconstrued, this Coach Rick guy has no affiliation with any of the Mayweather's. He simply studied their footage, bit off their style completely, and posts 20 videos a day on youtube titled *Mayweather-style mitt work, order my dvds so I can get paid for exploiting it*
                Ahhh okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

On one hand I don't want to knock the guy for his hustle. He has obviously made a career out of this and I guess good for him.

But on the other hand I'd like to see the proper people getting rewarded for their work.
                  Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 01-08-2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Dude is the Truth, Real Talk,,,

Dude's hustle is on point, Im bout to go check em out and two my peoples already gettin down with em and they feelin his **** like that, bottom line this ***** is good at what he does and he aint on no gully **** like a lot of other mutha ****in trainer's out here, *****s be tryin to take credit for **** that aint theres, but this dude keeps it real and always show the may's luv and thats wats up,, and last time I checked no mutha ****er in the game got a patent on anything, trainers sayin I made this, I do that, shut the **** up,, ****s all the same just depends on how you break down and what works for the fighter,, I been stretchin *****s in da streets for a hot minute, but now I gotz to learn that technical **** so I can make it look pretty when I put in that work,, so be easy on my man, I aint never seen him talk **** about nobody, just sayin, on the real,, be careful, cause where we all come from CMD talkin side ways bout a ***** could........ Real Talk

Comment

Working...
                    X