No announcement yet.

Froch's resume overrated because of Super 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch's resume overrated because of Super 6

They packed up decent/good fighters and sold them to you as world beaters.

I keep seeing a 43 year old, 2-5 in last 7 fights and coming down in weight 7 lbs Glen Johnson used as an example as to why Carl Froch's resume is great. Or Abraham who is clearly very limited and 5-3 at 168 with only a faded Taylor which could be called a 'good' win on his resume... after that you're looking at wins over Edison Miranda and.. uh.. nothing. Andre Dirrell is yet to win a title and he's 29, is he really all that? his biggest win is Arthur Abraham, after that.. who is on his resume?

I like Carl and commend him for his attitude but it's ridiculous how overrated some of these Super 6 wins are getting.

This is weak to criticize all these guys after the fact. And after seeing how it played it out. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Ward and Froch came out winners. They have great resumes now.

Comment

No, his 2 best wins are probably Bute and Taylor or Pascal, which didn't happen in the S6.

But I agree, the Super 6 is making a lot of people overrate resumes because they fought all the "contenders" over a little span, but really only 3 out of the 6 were ranked IIRC

Comment

Would say Stiegletz is a decent win for Abraham.

And it's easy to say "Oh they weren't very good" but at the time, he wasn't expected to win pretty much any of his fights in the SS except Johnson and he came second.

Froch has over-achieved big time in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Would say Stiegletz is a decent win for Abraham.

And it's easy to say "Oh they weren't very good" but at the time, he wasn't expected to win pretty much any of his fights in the SS except Johnson and he came second.

Froch has over-achieved big time in his career.
          Glen Johnson was certainly dangerous heading into his fight with Froch, he just demolished Allan Green who at the time was touted as potentially a top ten super middleweight. And yes Abraham had just come off the loss to Dirrell, but noone had ever beaten AA so thoroughly as Froch did, even Ward probably lost more rounds than Froch who pitched a shutout.
          Even his slight defeat to Kessler was a victory in a sense, Kessler was heavily favored headed into the tournament and in all honestly the fight probably should have been scored a draw or a 7-5 Froch victory.
          Really the only blip on his resume (considering the class of fighter Ward is I can't fault him for a 9 rounds to 3 loss) is the fight with Dirrell where he had a really tough time and probably deserved to lose. He's since improved as a fighter though, I think he would school Dirrell if they fought again.

Comment

I like Froch and support him in all his fights, just saying what I think.

and he does have one of the best resumes in boxing today

Comment

you're right it's nothing compared to the super six calzaghe went through - Evans Ashira, Mario Veit, Kabary Salem, Mger Mkrtchyan, Byron Mitchell & Tocker Pudwill.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                you're right it's nothing compared to the super six calzaghe went through - Evans Ashira, Mario Veit, Kabary Salem, Mger Mkrtchyan, Byron Mitchell & Tocker Pudwill.
                and your point is?

This thread is about Carl Froch

Comment

Froch's Resume (WINS):

Bute
                  Taylor
                  Pascal
                  Dirrell
                  Johnson
                  Abraham
                  Magee

Only 3 of his wins were in the Super 6, and it wasn't even his top stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    I like Froch and support him in all his fights, just saying what I think.

and he does have one of the best resumes in boxing today
                    Yet almost every post you make about Froch is putting him down in one way or another.

As soon as I saw this thread title, I correctly thought it would have been created by Rich.

Comment

Working...
                    X