Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do different gyms/coaches teach different styles of boxing???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
    Just showing the sidestepping footwork at the end.
    Oh I see, I havent really noticed that type of sidestepping that he does in the gym.

But the one on the coach rick youtube, the last coach had me do and in the new gym when they did it was confusing as hell.

Speaking of ali, he had an AWESOME movements which I dont get why he got parkinson, wasent he suppose to one of the guys that didnt get hit??? Its not like he was a straight up banger/brawler

Comment

Originally posted by Box"K"ing View Post
      Oh I see, I havent really noticed that type of sidestepping that he does in the gym.

But the one on the coach rick youtube, the last coach had me do and in the new gym when they did it was confusing as hell.

Speaking of ali, he had an AWESOME movements which I dont get why he got parkinson, wasent he suppose to one of the guys that didnt get hit??? Its not like he was a straight up banger/brawler
      Watch his fight with Earnie Shavers and you'll see part of the reason. In many of his post exile fights like the one I mentioned, he was forced to stand and trade. Thrilla in Manilla is probably took the most out of him. It all went downhill from there.

Also I made an interesting thread, which explains what contributed to the deterioration in Ali's legs:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=402913

As well as reflexes, his legs helped him to avoid punches.
      Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-10-2010, 02:11 PM.

Comment

As I switched gyms months ago, I have noticed that different boxing gyms teach different footwork and different way to side step.

So far the new gym teaches different ways to go to the right and left and they teach the hook differently then the previous gym I was at

Has anyone encounterd this before??? and if so should I disregard everything that was learned previously and just do what the new gym is teaching???
        That's why you have to choose your gyms carefully.

Comment

Watch his fight with Earnie Shavers and you'll see part of the reason. In many of his post comeback fights like the one I mentioned, he was forced to stand and trade. Thrilla in Manilla is probably took the most out of him. It all went downhill from there.

Also I made an interesting thread, which explains what contributed to the deterioration in Ali's legs:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=402913

As well as reflexes, his legs helped him to avoid punches.
          Innoki fought like a Freaking TOOL!!!

What the hell!!! In a street fight if he jumped to the ground he would get stomped and Im not a guy that hates on grappling I myself have tangerine belt in judo and have done wrestling but **** jumping on the ground can get you killed on the street.

But yeah those kicks could have been a factor to why ali lost his spring

Comment

Innoki fought like a Freaking TOOL!!!

What the hell!!! In a street fight if he jumped to the ground he would get stomped and Im not a guy that hates on grappling I myself have tangerine belt in judo and have done wrestling but **** jumping on the ground can get you killed on the street.

But yeah those kicks could have been a factor to why ali lost his spring
            He stayed upright for less than a round as he felt the power in Ali's right hand. A cowardly way to fight.

ALi was getting whipped and cut by Inoki's loose boot laces. Those kicks were savage to say the least.
            Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-10-2010, 02:19 PM.

Comment

He stayed upright for less than a round as he felt the power in Ali's right hand. A cowardly way to fight.

ALi was getting whipped and cut by Inoki's loose boot laces. Those kicks were savage to say the least.
              The kicks definatly did the trick but god damn in pride rules/old school mma you can soccer kick or foot stomp the downed opponent.

But the new fruity ufc rules in north america they banned that aspect of fighting. See I hate fighters that have styles PURLY based on rules and judging criteria.

Real fighters should at least fight like its a survival/self-defense situation and not just scoring points or fighting to complete a criteria

Comment

Working...
              X