Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like watching Shawn Porter fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, because he's always up for a fight and not there just going through the motions for a pay check. Love the guy. Why would you ask this anyway? Do you like watching him? That's all that matters.

Comment

Hell yes ! I saw him live about a year ago. I'm a big fan.

He's got kind of a Tyson style with his head movement and covers distance really well.. He also got a real good workrate that a lot of people can't keep up with. But it is true that he smothers himself on the inside.

I'm #TeamPorter all day, but I say Thurman probably KO's him inside of 6 rounds in their fight.

One of those Thurman straight rights is gonna land when Porter is rushing in and it's gonna be bad news when it does.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        He was good to watch vs Paulie and Alexander. But his performances against Broner was lackluster and against Brook he looked very ineffective.
        This is how I feel.

When Porter boxes, I'm thinking to myself who the hell he thinks he's fooling. When he's fighting and getting stuck in, I like him.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          I don't know what it is about this dude that just gets on my nerves, maybe it's because he fights exactly like Mayfield and he's always smothering himself.

Do you like his style? It just seems so ineffective at this level.
          Not a good style, very ugly, very simple, very basic but he does go every minute of every round and always tries to make a fight of it, so I rate him for that.

His fight with Thurman will be just as ugly as any previous bout but Thurman throws good straight shots so it might make things interesting.

Still got Porter winning though.

Comment

No, he smothers himself and doesn't really land that many clean punches.

Comment

Nah, what he does is quantity over quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
                No, he smothers himself and doesn't really land that many clean punches.
                This in a nutshell

Comment

I'll admit that Porter's style is not visually pleasing to the eye.

But...

I enjoy watching him fight, he has a huge work rate, is athletic and aggressive.

He is making the very most out of a small amount of natural talent and has a good record - only one very close loss to brook.

If he swarms Thurman for 12 rounds, he can win the fight IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                    I'll admit that Porter's style is not visually pleasing to the eye.

But...

I enjoy watching him fight, he has a huge work rate, is athletic and aggressive.

He is making the very most out of a small amount of natural talent and has a good record - only one very close loss to brook.

If he swarms Thurman for 12 rounds, he can win the fight IMO.
                    I believe that game plan cost him the Brook fight, he let Brook land some decent punches and he retaliated with headbutts and a couple weak body punches.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                      I believe that game plan cost him the Brook fight, he let Brook land some decent punches and he retaliated with headbutts and a couple weak body punches.
                      yea but is thurman a clincher like brook? porter tried to get inside but got held everytime he did get inside so brook won easily by wininng the outside and preventing the inside fight from happening.

Comment

Working...
                      X