No announcement yet.

Boxing Needs More Politically Incorrect Figures Like Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
    It's not about being politically correct. Personally I don't like guy and he's a total ***hole and he doesn't even realize it. Because he's such an ***hole he's not really liked by many fans, certainly not liked by Max Kellerman, and that is probably why he is not a big draw. He makes GGG seem mellow, Kovalev makes everyone seem mellow in comparison. But he is the best LHW, even his haters can admit that.
    Kellerman did a sneaky number on him, knowing his English was poor, he sneaked a question in there knowing Kov did not fully understand what he was being asked.

Kellerman is a snake, who looks like he could be dropped by a jab from Paulie Mag.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      I don't give a crap if a guy jacks lefty or righty, as long as he delivers in the ring.

I can laugh at a religion, so much stuff to laugh at there, but as long as he puts that stuff to the side and throws down... Great.

Racism, awesome, especially when a man of a race or religion you hate whips some sense into you.

I love hype jobs, I love watching the hype beaten out of them in the ring.

We need incorrect figures. Let them be who they are.
      If you like hype jobs getting beaten up, get yourself ringside for Ward Kovalev, it's going to be like Christians versus lions in a roman coliseum - if Ward actually shows up and doesn't get lost on the way to the venue.

Ward is good, but I'd still define him as 'hyped' because talk of P4P status came waaaaay too early in his career. He's a decent fighter, that's all. Kov is a beast, and will simply destroy that princess, if Barerra doesn't beat him to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
        If you like hype jobs getting beaten up, get yourself ringside for Ward Kovalev, it's going to be like Christians versus lions in a roman coliseum - if Ward actually shows up and doesn't get lost on the way to the venue.

Ward is good, but I'd still define him as 'hyped' because talk of P4P status came waaaaay too early in his career. He's a decent fighter, that's all. Kov is a beast, and will simply destroy that princess, if Barerra doesn't beat him to it.
        you do know this kid hasnt lost since puberty and is in his 30s...USA last gold medal winner..Ward was beating world class fighters before anyone even knew who Kov was

You dont clean out a divison and be considered hyped...Froch, Kessler, Dawson, Abraham are better than decent and he clearly beat these guys

hyped is GGG....look at his resume 34 years old....look where Mayweather, Pac, Ward, Donaire, garcia, Khan ledger of opponents look like besides his.....its a joke.....only has beaten 3 former/current titleholders...hasnt beat one elite fighter yet, and people on this site act like he is the second coming of Hagler...this guy fights no names and finally beat one reigning titleholder and he is hyped to hell like the boxing equivalent of Ronda Rousey

Let GGG face Canelo, Jacobs, Saunders and then he'd have cleaned out one division

Comment

Give me a fighter who comes into the ring with the intention to DESTROY his opponents any day over a pot-shotting back peddling fight nullifying dancer.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
            I get what you are trying to say but they are very poor examples of the point you are trying to make.
            Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            .....pretty bad examples considering a racist doesnt mind having people they supposedly hate work for them...maybe its a since of empowerment

Look at America
            He wasn't exactly employing Don Turner when Sergey was the one who had nothing, no money, didn't get paid for fights. But he's still there.

Quan Paxton his personal trainer does all his training with him for hours, eats dinner with him at the end of every day.

He could have said he wanted to work with white people, but he actually left a "white" guy in Sanchez to work with Jackson. There were plenty of white trainers in Florida, Dan Birmingham for one, if he didn't want to be around black people or pay them a percentage of his purse.

Comment

I didn't like him carrying Pascal, some fighters carry their opponents out of pity but Sergey actually looking to inflict long term damage on Pascal is distasteful, even if the end result is probably the same in both cases. As a boxing fan I don't want to see that sht, if you can just finish the guy off, finish him, it makes for a more exciting fight with a good ending. No one wants to see anyone end up ******ed or dead from a fight neither.

Comment

Honestly, I watched the Kellerman question live and I strongly suspect that Kovalev didn't really understand the implications of the question and his answer. His English is very poor and the subtlety and nuance of translating such a question deserved more time than 5 or 10 seconds and the resulting answer. Then again maybe he knew perfectly well what he was being asked and what his answer was being interpreted as.
                Either way - he is a monster of a fighter who checks every box: Can box, good D, amazing power, stamina, decent chin, great bodywork, controls distance, cuts off ring. Andre Ward has literally zero chance against this cat, and I seriously doubt we'll ever see them fight.
                Kellerman asks some horrible questions in post fight interviews anyway. I don't think logical fans take too much away from those moments.

Kovalev treats fighters the way they treat him. He showed respect to Hopkins, but didn't show it to Stevenson, but it's mutual there - Kov just made a bad decision in the photo. As for the punishment comments, I disagree with it. But I'm not oblivious to the amount of **** Pascal talked, fighting is the way Kovalev knows how to respond, he can't out talk him.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  of course it's a "sensitive issue" in america, where the money for these fights is being generated, and where the TV networks are that pay for them.

you're more likely to be born poor, into a less literate family, and grow up uneducated if you're born black. blacks receive more harsh punishments for the same crime. are several times more likely to be victims of violence or homicide via cop. it takes a couple hundred years to rebound from generations of slavery, then jim crow. or maybe blacks are disproportionately impoverished because it's a problem of blackness?

for some perspective, evander holyfield will tell you that his parents "didn't read." joe louis' parents were sharecroppers.

kovalev, unless it was photoshopped, posted a picture on social media of his son wearing a shirt that put a chimp's head on adonis stevenson's body. calling blacks monkeys is racist. the idea that blacks were biologically inferior [more like a monkey / animal,] was one of the notions that allowed people to justify owning slaves he's either incredibly naive, and wrong for that reason, or he's racist.
                  Why is it so difficult to consider that Stevenson does look like a ****ing monkey?? Kovalev and Bhop are fantastic friends, guess what? Bhop isn't white. Kovalev respected him before and after the fight. Don't even let start with his trainer, because JDJ is one of the few who does NOT allow racism.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    I didn't like him carrying Pascal, some fighters carry their opponents out of pity but Sergey actually looking to inflict long term damage on Pascal is distasteful, even if the end result is probably the same in both cases. As a boxing fan I don't want to see that sht, if you can just finish the guy off, finish him, it makes for a more exciting fight with a good ending. No one wants to see anyone end up ******ed or dead from a fight neither.
                    things like that are ok to do or say as long as its certain people I guess...I dont watch boxing to see these guys get permanently hurt either

Comment

I look forward to that fight. SOG is my Oaktown homeboy! Ward will do him like he did Dawson. Ward isn't a B level fighter like Pascal. Hit me up when they set a fight date. Let's best points on it.

Until then... Peace

Comment

Working...
                      X