No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Rejects Talk of PPV Doing Poorly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
    Just not a fight that should have been on PPV in the first place. Im glad it did low numbers, hopefully this will stop them from doing more PPVs. If that means 1 less GGG fight a year, so be it, its not like we're going to lose out on much.

Totally disagree. It was a fight that wasnt possible without ppv, as HBO didnt have the budget space for it. So it either goes to ppv, or it doesnt happen at all. Therefore PPV was the perfect vehicle for it, as it gave the choice to people to buy it if they felt it was worth it (as I did), or to pass (or find a stream) if they felt is wasnt worth it (as many other people did).

In addition, it gives K2 a true baseline of what GGG currently can draw on his own, which will certainly help them going forward.

The obvious downside is that since it didnt meet even K2's target of 200k, it can be used by Cotto or Canelo as a reason to hammer GGG at the negotiating table, or duck him alltogether.......

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Why are you avoiding the questions dude? I just posted your prediction.

whats up with the lying dude? you picked 250-300k. the thread is above
      then i obviously misclicked the survey. Every post where I talked about the numbers I stated 225-250k. But if it makes you feel better then fine, I said 250-300k.

Either that, or I rethought my prediction after the survey. I really dont remember.

So whats your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        maybe not all the way back to the drawing board, but definitely needs to rethink economics going forward. Like I said to Dunn, GGG may be in a situation like Hopkins was for many years. If the Cotto-Canelo winner chooses to turn tail and run, there really arent any "big name" marquee fights for GGG at 160 or 168 for that matter. He may just have to unify 160 and wait for a name to come up from 154, same as Hops did..........
        Haymon has all the the named fighters at 154 we all know history with him and HBO he going have to bend over backwards to get canelo or cotto in ring with him now or have no choice to but to move up where he will have more options and convince casuals the smaller man dancing with the big boys

Comment

then i obviously misclicked the survey. Every post where I talked about the numbers I stated 225-250k. But if it makes you feel better then fine, I said 250-300k.

Either that, or I rethought my prediction after the survey. I really dont remember.

So whats your point?
          I'm only pointing out that I predicted 300-350k and you 250-300k because I am responding to you saying I picked the high number to GUARANTEE the PPV would not meet that expectation.

Your high point was my low point. In no way was I trying to inflate the number so GGG would fail.

Its sad that his fans make it about other posters just because he failed to meet expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
            At least he's not being inconsistent, it's easy to verify that he pegged 200k as the goal prior to the fight. But I'd be surprised if he wasn't a little bit disappointed with the turnout.

The 97k figure floating around seemed off, I am willing to believe that 150k was right around what it did.
            The same number fighthype reported days ago. It's funny
            to see how it was dismissed as "floydhype" when their numbers matched up with what is now considered "credible numbers."

Comment

So whats your point?

So.....how are those non credible fighthype numbers looking now?

Comment

I'm only pointing out that I predicted 300-350k and you 250-300k because I am responding to you saying I picked the high number to GUARANTEE the PPV would not meet that expectation.

Your high point was my low point. In no way was I trying to inflate the number so GGG would fail.

Its sad that his fans make it about other posters just because he failed to meet expectations.
                sure you werent. lol

Its ok Dunn. You're not a fan. We get it. You can claim its just because you hate GGG's fans, or Abel, or Loeffler, or whatever. But there's no real reason to pretend you are somehow unbiased when it comes to GGG.

Comment

• Good Ratings for the replay tomorrow could help stop the bleeding a little bit I guess

Comment

sure you werent. lol

Its ok Dunn. You're not a fan. We get it. You can claim its just because you hate GGG's fans, or Abel, or Loeffler, or whatever. But there's no real reason to pretend you are somehow unbiased when it comes to GGG.
                    Of course I wasn't. That's why I also posted the other names that voted with you and with me. Notice that almost all of the people that voted with us are GGG fans like you.Being a fan of GGG has nothing to do with the prediction of PPV sales. The predictions clearly show this because I voted the same as some GGG diehards.

in your mind, my vote was one designed for failure. SO were the GGG fans like you and others that made approximately the same prediction doing so for the same reason?

Comment

Of course I wasn't. That's why I also posted the other names that voted with you and with me. Notice that almost all of the people that voted with us are GGG fans like you.Being a fan of GGG has nothing to do with the prediction of PPV sales. The predictions clearly show this because I voted the same as some GGG diehards.

in your mind, my vote was one designed for failure. SO were the GGG fans like you and others that made approximately the same prediction doing so for the same reason?
                      Can you please explain your whole hang up with the numbers? I would like to know.

Comment

Working...
                      X