Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So many Floyd ducking Margarito threads, why none for Manny???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many Floyd ducking Margarito threads, why none for Manny???

So many people continue to perpetuate this myth that Floyd ducked Margarito. I guess it doesn't matter that even Arum, whom he left says that he was willing to fight him, he just wanted more money for Cotto and a fight with Oscar.

So if Floyd agreed to fight Margarito, why the threads? And, why no threads about Pac ducking him. His trainer was asked about the fight just after Margarito/Cotto and before Margarito/Mosley. Freddie said he that he doesn't want the fight, but it depends on how he looks against Mosley. He also stated that if Margarito wants to fight at 143 or 144 then they'll fight him. In other words, they would drain him down to fight him, or fight him if he looked bad against Mosley, but not if he looked like an animal. Mosley KHTFO and only after a year suspension and him looking awful against a club fighter were they willing to accept the fight. When Margarito had a pulse Roach said "Margarito is a big 147 pounder in his PRIME and that's not a good fight for them at the time."

So, not only did Pac's team duck Mosely and tried to drain him, but they wanted to do the same to Margarito as well.

I would like to know why Floyd, who said he would accept a fight with a prime Margarito, if conditions his conditions were met, is called a duck, yet Pac who wanted no part of him when he was prime is not? And the "Roach doesn't pick the fights" is a lame excuse, as he is the one that convinced him to fight Oscar.

why didn't floyd ask for any of the same conditions when he fought baldomir? only when margarito's name comes up does he suddenly start making insane requests and wanting quadruple his career high or else he won't sign the fight. perfectly reasonable....i mean arum can't guarantee him quadruple his career high? ARUM IS DUCKING!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      why didn't floyd ask for any of the same conditions when he fought baldomir? only when margarito's name comes up does he suddenly start making insane requests and wanting quadruple his career high or else he won't sign the fight. perfectly reasonable....i mean arum can't guarantee him quadruple his career high? ARUM IS DUCKING!
      Floyd was at the end of his contract w/top rank. It's only smart to negotiate those things before you re-sign. Plus he got the 8 mile+ 1 for baldy & and 25 mile for ODH. I notice you completely ignored anything in this thread about PAC. Why is that?

Comment

Working...
      X