Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Paul Williams the closest we've had to Thomas Hearns since the 80's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    Vernon Forrest would be the closest imo
    I agree and he was still pretty far off.

Comment

Ok. So we got Forrest and delahoya as being closer to Hearn than williams. Who else?

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
        Ok. So we got Forrest and delahoya as being closer to Hearn than williams. Who else?
        Donald curry is much closer to hearns than williams...

Comment

Crawford is the closest i seen imo..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            Crawford is the closest i seen imo..
            Crawford reminds me of pernell with less slickness but more pop in his punches

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Crawford reminds me of pernell with less slickness but more pop in his punches
              I don't know man..Crawford does not remind me of Pernell cause he does not have his defense..Not to mention he can be pulled into a fire fight just like Hearns..I don't know since seeing Crawford he just reminds me of a small Hearns..All the boxing ability in the world..With the crazy fighters mentality..

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                Salute to Paul. Too bad we never got to see his whole career pan out.

But, do you think he had already peaked? Was he on the downside already? Or would he have always been a serious threat to anybody?

Discuss.
                No tommy was a killer Williams would just out point you

Comment

Smh. It's not the first time I've seen this comparison, but I've got to question how many Hearns/Williams fights people have seen.

Comment

Nothing like Hitman Hearns to be honest that is a awful comparison. Have yet to see anybody come close to Hearns as far as combination of Length and Power

Amir Imam I see some Thomas Hearns in him and the way he uses his Length and Jab and he also has that Power. That is a guy nobody is talking about but I'm watching very closely. I love his potential!

Comment

Working...
                    X