Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More impressive vs. Jose Ramirez: Mares or Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More impressive vs. Jose Ramirez: Mares or Lomachenko?

Vote and discuss.

Just rewatched Abner Mares vs. Jose Ramirez and Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Jose Ramirez, and I'm much more impressed by Mares' performance.

Mares beat the absolute s**t out of Ramirez.

Abner Mares' performance was more impressive
    25.81%
    Vasyl Lomachenko's performance was more impressive
    74.19%

Loma, it was his first fight FFs mares fought him after being already a 3 weight division champ after Loma stopped him

Comment

as a loma fan, just seeing what happened in the ring alone, i think mares.
      but if loma fights him again, i wouldn't be surprised to see loma finish him even sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
        but if loma fights him again, i wouldn't be surprised to see loma finish him even sooner.
        Agreed. Lomachenko was probably more cautious because it was his first fight.

When it comes down to it Lomachenko is more of a counterpuncher, and head to head the way Mares fought Ramirez would play into the strengths of Lomachenko.

Mares is capable of switching things up though, so I think a Mares vs. Lomachenko fight could be more interesting than people seem to expect.

Comment

This. Good post

Comment

Loma. Pro debut... KO 4.

/Thread

Comment

Mares gets midget points Lomo gets first fight as a pro points when you set those facts aside Lomo's performance was more impressive because he made Ramires look way out of his league he let him have no success at all not even in spots but against Mares he was catching him here and there they both traded hard shots he just didn't have the pop to make a real dent a la Gonzales. Lomachenko just made it look like he was on a league of his own 100% of the time.

Comment

It was a much better win for Lomahenko since it was his pro debut obviously.

If were talking about performance alone though it's Mares IMO. He really beat the **** out of Ramirez and knocked him down several times. He showed flashes of the old Mares which was great to see and makes me optimistic about his future.

Lomachenko was more tentative and didn't seem as dominant as Mares up until the ko when he faced Ramirez. He landed far fewer punches, about half less to be prescise.
                Last edited by Dinamita 03; 12-15-2014, 01:11 AM.

Comment

I voted for Mares. It would hard to be more impressive than he was. Loma is great but Mares looked near perfect in that fight. The punch stats show he out landed Ramirez 3 to 1 compared to Loma out scoring Ramirez 2 to 1.

Comment

How can its be Mares, Loma fought him with a full training , Mares fought him on short notice , What if Remirez has a full training vs Mares

Comment

Working...
                    X