No announcement yet.

Ken Norton vs. Vitali and Wlad's resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Norton vs. Vitali and Wlad's resume

If Ken Norton would have fought in the 2000's, same era as the Klitschko's and against the same opponents they fought, how would he have done???

Ken Norton vs.......

Chris Byrd
    Lennox Lewis (the 2003 version of Lennox)
    Kirk Johnson
    Corrie Sanders
    Danny Williams
    Samuel Peter
    Juan Carlos Gomez
    Chris Arreola
    Kevin Johnson
    Shannon Briggs
    Odlanier Solis
    Tomasz Adamek
    Dereck Chisora
    Jameel McCline
    Calvin Brock
    Lamon Brewster
    Sultan Ibragimov
    Tony Thompson
    Ruslan Chagaev
    Eddie Chambers
    David Haye

I honestly don't see how Norton wouldn't have been just as dominant in the same era.

Comment

Ken Norton got knocked out quite some times in his career. he "only" got into the hall of fame cause he gave Ali so much problems. Foreman had an easy night with Norton. I scored Norton vs Larry Holmes a draw.
      I can see Norton beat a lot of the Klitschko opponents, but I can also see him getting knocked out by some of them. And I see him losing to both Klitschkos.

Comment

Norton would get murdered by the Klitschkos.....

Comment

It wasn't a Norton vs. theKlitschko's thread people.....

It was Norton vs. the same opponents they had to fight in their era.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
            Ken Norton got knocked out quite some times in his career. he "only" got into the hall of fame cause he gave Ali so much problems. Foreman had an easy night with Norton. I scored Norton vs Larry Holmes a draw.
            I can see Norton beat a lot of the Klitschko opponents, but I can also see him getting knocked out by some of them. And I see him losing to both Klitschkos.
            Norton was KO'd by some pretty big punchers. Foreman & Earnie Shavers.

Anyways, none of these guys listed were big punchers. None of them really pose any threat to Norton. Maybe Lewis on his best day. That's about it though.

Comment

If Norton fought the same era against the same opponents, not against Vitali and Wlad but the opponents they've fought, I think he'd without a doubt be the dominant Heavyweight.

Norton vs. Haye would be interesting, but I'd still favor Norton, unless Haye could stop him. Norton was stopped by Foreman and Shavers, two of the biggest punchers in history, so I think Norton could withstand Haye and beat him by decision. Norton vs. Lewis (the 2003 version) would be interesting, but if Lewis didn't KO Norton, I could see Norton beating a past prime Lennox.

He beats everyone else.

Comment

Past prime Lennox might beat Norton. The bigger punchers would have chances, but I would never give them more than that puncher's chance.

Comment

Norton would win against all those fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    I honestly don't see how Norton wouldn't have been just as dominant in the same era.
                    Because he'd get iced in the first two rounds by some of these guys. There's no way in hell he makes it through this line-up winning every fight:

Lennox Lewis (the 2003 version of Lennox)
                    Corrie Sanders
                    Samuel Peter
                    Chris Arreola
                    Shannon Briggs
                    Odlanier Solis
                    Lamon Brewster
                    David Haye

I wouldn't rule out the better boxers on that list (Chagaev, Chamebers, etc.) altogether either.

Comment

Working...
                    X