No announcement yet.

**San Antonio Spurs thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Be honest Spurs fans. Are you scared of the Grizzlies winning, or hoping they win? I'm interested to see which is the case.
    I want them I think the Spurs can take them out in 5 or 6 max.

This isn't the same Spurs team as last years it's been totally revamped. Guys like Battier, Arthur, Vasquez and others KILLED the spurs' small guards. We had RJ/Hill (6'2 SG) and Neal 6'4 SG. RJ was SUPER soft, one of the weakest defenders in the NBA. They ALL got posted up on at will by Memphis' wings, the Spurs didn't even have a backup SF on the roster either, and they also rebounded on our small wings at will. Also we had the 6'6 C Blair trying to guard ZBO who got destroyed.

It was like watching adults rebounding over kids. The Spurs' frontline weakness is also heavily overrated, they held Gasol in check but ZBO played OUT OF HIS MIND, knocking down incredibly hard layups and long range contested jumpers. ZBO went on to abuse Ibaka and Perkins the next roundas well.

This Grizz team is also lead by Rudy Gay unlike ZBO last year. kawhi Leonard and Danny Green have given him fits this year, he's just 23-74 against the Spurs this year, 90% of his makes were against RJ as well. Kawhi owns him, he even held him to 1 point in 30 mins on like 14 FGA. We also just added another great defense with Jackson.

The Spurs added this year 5 new impact players and A LOT of size on our wings

-Leonard 6'7 230 SF great defender
    -Diaw 6'8 240 PF who replaced Blair (don't let the name fool you, Diaw fits the Spurs GREAT and he's been playing solid D and passing very well)
    -Splitter 6'11 240 C. He never got playing time his rookie year until he replaced Blair when the sours were down 2-1, the Spurs then pushed it to 7 games!
    -Jackson 6'8 230 SF great defender he can also guard PFs with all his strength
    -Green 6'6 215lb SG another great defender

The Spurs are healthy, TD is playing well, and TP who played like shyt all last season is playing at an MVP level.

The Spurs run a 10 man rotation and have 7 guys that can shoot the 3 consistently. Jackson, Bonner, Neal, Manu, Leonard, Green, Diaw.

Their offense is ridiculous, nearly every shot is wiiide open.

Comment

• A video of the Spurs' offense, it's practically unstoppable! They can interchange practically everybody on the floor, 7 3pt shooters in the rotation, all can shoot jumpers as well. You can just imagine if Manu returns to his form last year, the Spurs could have one of the greatest offenses in the history of the NBA.

Comment

• and.. it looks like it will be a rematch. gotta wait till tuesday though...

Comment

• The scheduling is ****ing stupid! Since the Clips didn't win game 6 the Spurs will have a back to back against the winner of the series in games 3&4!

Their first game against either the winner of the Grizz and Clips will be on Tuesday. I hope all this rest doesn't wind up hurting the Spurs.

It'll be good for the Spurs to finally face a worthy opponent, they've been slaughtering teams for the past two months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            The scheduling is ****ing stupid! Since the Clips didn't win game 6 the Spurs will have a back to back against the winner of the series in games 3&4!

Their first game against either the winner of the Grizz and Clips will be on Tuesday. I hope all this rest doesn't wind up hurting the Spurs.

It'll be good for the Spurs to finally face a worthy opponent, they've been slaughtering teams for the past two months.
            WTF?! Will the same sched apply to the okc vs lakers/denver series?

Comment

• Spurs will win it all this year.

The shortened season has helped the old guys and also Manu is not out for the playoffs and Parker has been on fire, for me he was a strong MVP candidate.

They got caught out last season with Pop not managing their playing time enough but he has done it brilliantly this year.

They will make the Grizz, OKC & Heat suffer. Their bench is so much more productive than alot of other teams.

Lastly, Im not a Spurs fan, just think they're too strong at the right time of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by silentbob View Post
                WTF?! Will the same sched apply to the okc vs lakers/denver series?
                I Think it will, if it doesn't then that's BS....I'm rooting for the Lakers, I hate them but they better equipped to steal a game or two vs OKC. I think Denver being the run n gun team they are will get destroyed by OKC.

Comment

• Hoping we get Memphis

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    A video of the Spurs' offense, it's practically unstoppable! They can interchange practically everybody on the floor, 7 3pt shooters in the rotation, all can shoot jumpers as well. You can just imagine if Manu returns to his form last year, the Spurs could have one of the greatest offenses in the history of the NBA.

its beautiful........

Comment

• Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
                      Hoping we get Memphis
                      revenge is a dish best served cold

Comment

Working...
                      X