• Show
Clear All

• Kotelnik elevated to number 3 JWW?

1)Bradley
    2)Khan
    3)Kotelnik
    4)Maidana
    5)Alexander

I expected Alexander to KO Kotelnik late in the fight, or at least win a wide decision. In the end, Alexander won a wide decision, but the truth is Kotelnik won the fight.

After Khan defeated Kotelnik, I didn't feel as if Kotelnik was anything special. He looked slow and deliberate rarely coming out of his shell. However, I can now see that the reason because of this is that Khan neutralised all of Kotelnik's tools and took away his jab - his main weapon. This made Kotelnik look worse than he really is.

After tonight's fight, I have a new found respect for Kotelnik. He beat up and bloodied, a tough and talented unified champion who was billed as a future p4p champion, and looked very impressive doing it. He is certainly a top 3 JWW after Bradley and Khan.

I would love to see Kotelnik fight Bradley next. I think it would be a close fight and he would pose some serious problems to Bradley with his jab and straight right hand. Plus, he deserves a fat pay cheque after tonight's atrocious decision.

1 Bradley
    2 Alexander
    3 Maidana
    4Khan

Comment

1.khan
      2.kotelnik
      3.bradley

Comment

Originally posted by timba View Post
        1)Bradley
        2)Khan
        3)Kotelnik
        4)Maidana
        5)Alexander

I expected Alexander to KO Kotelnik late in the fight, or at least win a wide decision. In the end, Alexander won a wide decision, but the truth is Kotelnik won the fight.

After Khan defeated Kotelnik, I didn't feel as if Kotelnik was anything special. He looked slow and deliberate rarely coming out of his shell. However, I can now see that the reason because of this is that Khan neutralised all of Kotelnik's tools and took away his jab - his main weapon. This made Kotelnik look worse than he really is.

After tonight's fight, I have a new found respect for Kotelnik. He beat up and bloodied, a tough and talented unified champion who was billed as a future p4p champion, and looked very impressive doing it. He is certainly a top 3 JWW after Bradley and Khan.

I would love to see Kotelnik fight Bradley next. I think it would be a close fight and he would pose some serious problems to Bradley with his jab and straight right hand. Plus, he deserves a fat pay cheque after tonight's atrocious decision.
        If he were allowed to use headgear in the pros I would rank Khan #1.

Comment

Bradley
          Khan
          Kotelnik
          Alexander
          Maidana

It's an interesting division. You'd have to favor Khan over Bradley and Alexander, at the same time, you'd have to favor Maidana to knock him out. Yet, I'd take the rest of the top five to beat Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
            1 Bradley
            2 Alexander
            3 Maidana
            4Khan
            I don't know how you have Alexander above Kotenik after the fight we just saw? Even though Alexander officially won, Kotelnik was the clear victor. Thus I don't know how you can rank Alexander above Kotelnik?

Your only as good as your last fight. Khan beat Kotelnik easily, Kotelnik (unofficially) beat Alexander, and also beat Maidana in a close fight. He is no lower than the 3rd best JWW in my books.

Comment

I love boxing scene after fights because you know people are going to overrate fighters.

He's not in the top 5 after this fight. Marcos, Ortiz, Khan, Devon, Bradley, are still ranked higher than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Benavidez Mafia View Post
                I love boxing scene after fights because you know people are going to overrate fighters.

He's not in the top 5 after this fight. Marcos, Ortiz, Khan, Devon, Bradley, are still ranked higher than him.
                How is anyone overrating Kotelnik? He just got robbed against one of the most over-hyped boxers of our generation. He deserves a little recognition.

Comment

How is anyone overrating Kotelnik? He just got robbed against one of the most over-hyped boxers of our generation. He deserves a little recognition.
                  Putting him in the top 3 JWWs right now is overrating him.

Comment

1)Bradley
                    2)Khan
                    3)Kotelnik
                    4)Maidana
                    5)Alexander

i think bradley will do what i thought cokey alexander was Supose to do
                    to kotelnik.
                    i have new respect for kotelnik.
                    bradleys pretty slick. and can think on his feet.
                    i think bradley can take kotelnik in a chess match

Comment

Working...
                    X