No announcement yet.

Spence fires shots at Kenny Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    Man Kenny Porter is full of ****. He basically accused Thurman of faking a car accident injury, and accused Thurman of ducking before the contract was signed. That's jus plain stupid.

You've got issues with Mayweather, coz this thread aint even about him and you gotta go and bring him and so called *****s into it.

His response: "Why? Coz Floyd said so?" is also full of ****, because that wasn't even the question, the question was whether Spence is ready after destroying Algieri, but he had to take a shot at Floyd coz he got issues, just like you.
    You're wrong there, the lead-in of the question was, "Floyd said Spence was ready a few years ago." The second part was, "After the win over Algieri, do you agree?" Kenny answered the question. Don't get mad because he doesn't agree with Floyd.

Comment

Shawn would beat the juice out of Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
        If the fight is close, expect Thurman to get the decision.
        You say this as if to imply funny business via Haymon at work, but the reality is the "money guy" which would be Thurman in this case is always more likely to win a close decision if he's with Bob, Oscar or Al. Thats more about how boxing works then anything else. Not right, but thats how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Shawn would beat the juice out of Spence.
          Lol. Imagine if his nipples were suddenly deflated/normal after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            You say this as if to imply funny business via Haymon at work, but the reality is the "money guy" which would be Thurman in this case is always more likely to win a close decision if he's with Bob, Oscar or Al. Thats more about how boxing works then anything else. Not right, but thats how it is.
            Certainly but that's not neither here or there. Porter is a Haymon fighter and Al Haymon isn't interested in Porter's best interest , atleast not when compared to Thurman and Broner.

Honestly the main issue with Top Rank is trying to protect all his fighters. When they had Gamboa and Juanma they literally both them both in winnable fights.

But he's probably going to pull strings to help Crawford get that win offer Postol in a close fight.
            Last edited by SilverMiles; 04-25-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Certainly but that's not neither here or there. Porter is a Haymon fighter and Al Haymon isn't interested in Porter's best interest , atleast not when compared to Thurman and Broner.
              Not 100% what you are referencing here tbqh.

I assume you mean the weight issue with Broner, but it seemed known well in advance there was no declared weight limit early on or at least it seemed in dispute yet I don't know it to be Haymon's fault. I'd assume thats Broner's fault & him using his A side edge in making that an issue.

I'm not sure exactly what the Thurman issue would be outside of the moving date with that fight being made, but again I don't exactly see how thats Haymon's fault that Thurman isn't ready to fight.

If its about keeping Porter out of action til Thurman is ready then I could see some logic with Porter wanting to keep active. Thing is the reality is this fight seemed to have several dates sometimes only weeks apart from the previous date & I'm not sure it ever made sense to keep Porter active vs someone else when Thurman was just around the corner.

I've heard Neil DeGrasse Tyson talking about God being the answer to many scientific questions that people in the past weren't intelligent enough to answer at the time that we know have answers to. I feel like due to Haymon's operating behind the curtains of boxing that he's the answer to way to many questions to whats wrong or negative with this boxers trajectory or this thing in boxing or that thing in boxing when its more an answer based on insufficient, at best, evidence or wishful thinking by those anti-Haymon/PBC or even Floyd sometimes. And there is in fact much more evidence that Haymon is the best thing to happen to most every fighter he's signed up with thus far. Maybe in 3+ years if he has some line to court thats comparable to Don King's maybe there is something there that actually adds up. Til than I assume Porter is one among many fighters happy to be with Haymon.

Comment

Not 100% what you are referencing here tbqh.

I assume you mean the weight issue with Broner, but it seemed known well in advance there was no declared weight limit early on or at least it seemed in dispute yet I don't know it to be Haymon's fault. I'd assume thats Broner's fault & him using his A side edge in making that an issue.

I'm not sure exactly what the Thurman issue would be outside of the moving date with that fight being made, but again I don't exactly see how thats Haymon's fault that Thurman isn't ready to fight.

If its about keeping Porter out of action til Thurman is ready then I could see some logic with Porter wanting to keep active. Thing is the reality is this fight seemed to have several dates sometimes only weeks apart from the previous date & I'm not sure it ever made sense to keep Porter active vs someone else when Thurman was just around the corner.

I've heard Neil DeGrasse Tyson talking about God being the answer to many scientific questions that people in the past weren't intelligent enough to answer at the time that we know have answers to. I feel like due to Haymon's operating behind the curtains of boxing that he's the answer to way to many questions to whats wrong or negative with this boxers trajectory or this thing in boxing or that thing in boxing when its more an answer based on insufficient, at best, evidence or wishful thinking by those anti-Haymon/PBC or even Floyd sometimes. And there is in fact much more evidence that Haymon is the best thing to happen to most every fighter he's signed up with thus far. Maybe in 3+ years if he has some line to court thats comparable to Don King's maybe there is something there that actually adds up. Til than I assume Porter is one among many fighters happy to be with Haymon.
                I think you confused my message for something else.

Let me elaborate:

One poster said Haymon has done his best for Porter getting him the Brook, Broner, and Thurman fights. And basically that Haymon is equally invested in Porter as he is in Thurman and Broner. And he gave three fights as an example why.

I replied:

The Brook fight was a mandatory, that's not a fight Haymon set up.

In the Broner fight, Haymon allowed for the fight to take place at a catch-weight and re-hydration clause was placed. Now the problem you have when you play manager for both fighters is that you have to choose one side or the other when it comes to negotiations. Haymon chose Broner.

Thurman has a rematch clause even though he and Porter are around the same level of fighter. If Porter loses it's over but if Thurman loses he at-least gets the chance to redeem himself. And I believe if the fight is close Thurman gets the W. Haymon sees Thurman as an important piece in the PBC, I can't say the same for Porter.

I think it's pretty obvious who Haymon values more between the before mentioned fighters.

Comment

In the Broner fight, Haymon allowed for the fight to take place at a catch-weight and re-hydration clause was placed. Now the problem you have when you play manager for both fighters is that you have to choose one side or the other when it comes to negotiations. Haymon chose Broner.
                  I don't think this is an issue of choosing one side. I think its talking to each guy & seeing what it takes to make the fight. For Broner, who also happens to be the bigger name it seemed it was a catchweight. Porter said yea. When you manager two fighters it would seem you play the mediator more than the manager.

Whats Haymon got to do with it? Porter could say no catchweight. Porter coulda said another weight he'd be cool with the fight taking place at & then Haymon goes to Broner & they see what Broner thinks until an agreement is made or not made.

Thurman has a rematch clause even though he and Porter are around the same level of fighter. If Porter loses it's over but if Thurman loses he at-least gets the chance to redeem himself. And I believe if the fight is close Thurman gets the W. Haymon sees Thurman as an important piece in the PBC, I can't say the same for Porter.
                  Again same situation as above. Do you think Shawn & Kenny Porter are just ******s incapable of making intelligent decisions & disagreeing with others? Again with this situation Thurman is the A side & he said he needed x & Porter said okay. Wheres the problem exactly?

I think it's pretty obvious who Haymon values more between the before mentioned fighters.
                  I don't think anything is obvious. Why can't Broner & Thurman be so called "divas" who need certain accommodations to make fights & Porter is just a no f#cks given type cat who'd fight a name guy who'd move his career upwards in his backyard with that guys mom, brother & sister judging the fight? I mean everything points to that being a more reasonable reality here than Haymon is conspiring against one of the best fighters on his roster.

Comment

Spence dun f#cked up now. Kenny's favorite hobby is **** talking. Kenny gonna be **** talking Spence til Spence is 35yrs old.

This post had me howling.

Comment

I don't think this is an issue of choosing one side. I think its talking to each guy & seeing what it takes to make the fight. For Broner, who also happens to be the bigger name it seemed it was a catchweight. Porter said yea. When you manager two fighters it would seem you play the mediator more than the manager.

Whats Haymon got to do with it? Porter could say no catchweight. Porter coulda said another weight he'd be cool with the fight taking place at & then Haymon goes to Broner & they see what Broner thinks until an agreement is made or not made.

Again same situation as above. Do you think Shawn & Kenny Porter are just ******s incapable of making intelligent decisions & disagreeing with others? Again with this situation Thurman is the A side & he said he needed x & Porter said okay. Wheres the problem exactly?

I don't think anything is obvious. Why can't Broner & Thurman be so called "divas" who need certain accommodations to make fights & Porter is just a no f#cks given type cat who'd fight a name guy who'd move his career upwards in his backyard with that guys mom, brother & sister judging the fight? I mean everything points to that being a more reasonable reality here than Haymon is conspiring against one of the best fighters on his roster.
                      I don't think Haymon is conspiring against Porter, but rather prefer if he loses to his more popular fighters. Every promoter and (or) manager have their favorites. I think this whole A-Side vs B-Side is over used.

Arum favored Juanma over Gamboa. And protected Juanma from Gamboa.

Oscar was willing to sacrifice Ortiz to Canelo.

And Haymon cares more about the demands of Broner and Thurman than that of Porter. There's nothing wrong with that, Porter doesn't have the same appeal as a Broner or Thurman and that's understandable.

Comment

Working...
                      X