Clear All

• Sergey Kovalev vs. Cornelius White

The telecast is about to start.

1. Ronald Cruz vs. Ray Narh
    2. Sergey Kovalev vs. Cornelius White
    3. Bryant Jennings vs. Andrey Fedosov

Here's the full card:

http://boxrec.com/show_display.php?show_id=666500

Both Kovalev and White have KO power, that one is not going the distance.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 06-14-2013, 06:56 PM.

Honestly I do not give White the slightest bit of chance in this one. Nothing against him and I wish him well but I can't see him lasting longer then 3 rounds.

Winner becomes IBF mandatory so he has a lot to fight for.

Kovlaev is the toughest possible fight out there for Ward, period. IMO. Even more so then Golovkin. Ward beats anyone at 168 and 175 beside Kovalev...... And that's a bold. Bold statement. Ward is the absolute man at 168

Kovlaev is just that damn good. Book it.

Comment

I have not saw the fight but I know White for KOd by Don George. Sure styles do make fights but Kovalev is going to bring the fight to him from the opening bell and white will get his chin tested in the first round. If he can somehow survive the onslaught, big kudos to him but I just cannot see it

Here is a nice piece on Kovalev:

http://www.boxing.com/kovalev_the_ne...big_thing.html

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
        Honestly I do not give White the slightest bit of chance in this one. Nothing against him and I wish him well but I can't see him lasting longer then 3 rounds.
        No idea if Kovalev is that good. He might be, but Campillo was a good style matchup for him. But White is underrated off that George KOBY 1. He got caught cold, it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post

Winner becomes IBF mandatory so he has a lot to fight for.

Kovlaev is the toughest possible fight out there for Ward, period. IMO. Even more so then Golovkin. Ward beats anyone at 168 and 175 beside Kovalev...... And that's a bold. Bold statement. Ward is the absolute man at 168

Kovlaev is just that damn good. Book it.
          We are on the same page, you and I. Kovalev is a beast, and a credit to the sport of boxing. Only good things can happen for the sport as he progresses further and gets greater opportunities.

I won't be surprised, at all, if Ward simply finds a way to avoid fighting him.

At some point, the fans will be calling for that fight. Give Kovalev two to three more fights and he'll be a name that most fans know.

Comment

I remember when everyone was hyping the black russian like they are Kovalev now.

Comment

This fight is definatly not going past the 3rd

Comment

Very good fight. White is a bit of an upset king noted for being a puncher but he can box well. Should be good whilst it lasts.

I fancy Kovalev early but White is just one of those guys a bit like Grachev so I don't think you can count him out & I wouldn't read too much into the Don George loss.

Comment

White is 6/1, I'll be jumping on that.

Comment

White had been on a tear of late! My concern is that his only defeat was a first round ko loss.

Comment

Working...
                    X