No announcement yet.

Cottos New Trainer was the Difference tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Underated Boxer View Post
    The difference between this fight was obvious, cotto won all the rounds by boxing great just like the first fight but the difference was when cotto got tired from running he got a breather in the ring by turning margarito around and smudgering him backing margarito up. This allowed cotto to get a breather while also landing heaving shots on marg.

The first fight cotto ran constantly with no stopping, a pace cotto could not continue in the first fight. Pedro diaz game plan was simply phenomenal, pedro is the next great trainer in boxing. Many fighters will go to this guy after seeing this performance from cotto. I dont agree with the stoppage, i wanted cotto to win a full 12 round fight by ud or by stopping marg on his own. I'd like for cotto rematch him again and seal the deal next time.

Pedro had cotto box box box score points until cotto felt he needed a breather. When cotto needs that breather they went to operation smudge marg and it worked. Marg still landed those little pity pad punches but what do they do? nothing, those punches arent points, only clean landed punches score points.

Congrats cotto and pedro, very happy with this victory for cotto.

Two things that i thought he did really well tonight was consistently pushing Margo off of him, and also leaning on the back of his neck and pushing him down on the inside, ala FMJ. Very good boxing by Cotto tonight, he deerved the win!!!

Comment

didn't like his cornerwork that much.

But hes a good trainer i think.

Comment

Yeah agree, props to Diaz

Comment

I'm not sure if I watched a different fight or not, but I never predicted Margarito to do well in this fight...he is a finished fighter. Therefore the only difference in this fight is that Cotto still has a couple years left of fighting whereas Margarito should have retired after the Pac fight. Margarito was clearly only in this fight for the $$$.

I was predicting Cotto to finish him off early, and therefore I'm not sure if Cotto is actually fully satisfied with the result - considering that Margarito was coming on late and if it wasn't for the eye, Cotto would have probably won a close decision with enduring a hard last three rounds.

I wasn't that impressed at all. Let's see in his next fight - if he fights a proper fighter. I can't remember the last A Grade fighter that Cotto fought, actually it was Pacquiao, since that its been average fights and just now a has been Margarito.

Comment

I hope Cotto sticks with Diaz.

Comment

All i know is he got cotto to turn, clinch, and even maul marg a little bit.

Thats what everyone pretty much agreed he lacked in the first fight and he corrected that.

So yeah he did a great job. I want to see cotto going back to the body more though.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                Two things that i thought he did really well tonight was consistently pushing Margo off of him, and also leaning on the back of his neck and pushing him down on the inside, ala FMJ. Very good boxing by Cotto tonight, he deerved the win!!!
                I forgot about that too...

Another great adjustment.

Comment

Clinching and getting into Marg's chest were the 2 biggest improvements that Cotto made, along with boxing intelligently and his improved stamina. There were several points where I thought he should've pressed the action more, especially when he had Marg against the ropes, but overall, I like Diaz's version of Cotto a little more.

Comment

Yeah i agree, cotto and diaz plan worked to the T. Beautiful performance by cotto.

Comment

It was a great gameplan and Miguel looked better with his movement, instead of leaning on the ropes he pushed into Margarito's chest and stopped him working.

The Cotto we saw last night was the one I hoped to see, he looked as sharp as ever but with some crucial new additions. Clinching and leaning are two things that were majorly lacking in the first fight, last night they were used perfectly on top of a great performance.

Comment

Working...
                      X