Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

canelo alvarez vs paul williams what could have been?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canelo alvarez vs paul williams what could have been?

man, this was a fight i was so much looking foward to back in 2012, its very unfortunate that this fight could not happen due to tragic circumstances..... had it happened who would you have had going into the fight? canelo or p-will? vote and discuss!
    Canelo via-ko/tko
    36.84%
    Canelo via- sd/ud
    10.53%
    P-Williams-ko/tko
    0.00%
    P-Williams-sd/ud
    52.63%
    Draw
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Canelo would have stopped him ..Williams was on a downward spiral and had not looked good at all...I honestly think Martinez ended him

Comment

i wanted the poll to close in 2016,wtf???? oh well

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Canelo would have stopped him ..Williams was on a downward spiral and had not looked good at all...I honestly think Martinez ended him
        larry, bro that fight would have been great!!!! p-will could have been too big and much too active for canelo in that fight... butttttttt i also think canelo would of beat him i just cant say how, maybe decision????? i think canelo would have rose to the occasion...

Comment

I would have went with PWILL..I think the punch output would have been to much for Alvarez..Would have also been a classic,I call this fight(when they were talking about making it happen)a 60/45 kinda fight in Pwill favor..

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            I can see how you would come this,but I don't know if Alvarez is as savvy as a Martinez..I believe he might have overwhelmed by Pwil's non stop action style..

I'll put it like this,unless Alvarez got Pwill's attention early..I don't see him winning this fight..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              I would have went with PWILL..I think the punch output would have been to much for Alvarez..Would have also been a classic,I call this fight(when they were talking about making it happen)a 60/45 kinda fight in Pwill favor..
              bro, that would have been my worry for canelo, no doubt!!! i remember, me and my brother in-law were excited and were going to order the PPV, and then the tragic news...... i felt gutted man, im a big fan of both fighters and would have been on the fence on who to bet on....

Comment

i decided to make this thread, because im chilin drinking some brewski and brought out my vhs collection... im watching the tripleheader in its entirety with cintron/w.mathysse, gatti/gomez, and margarito/williams then i thought damn caneo/p-will would hve been epic!!! and here we are!!

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
                  bro, that would have been my worry for canelo, no doubt!!! i remember, me and my brother in-law were excited and were going to order the PPV, and then the tragic news...... i felt gutted man, im a big fan of both fighters and would have been on the fence on who to bet on....
                  Yea I agree..That news was some of the worst I've heard in yrs in this sport..Pwill was one of those cats who loved what he did and gave the fans their money's worth win or lose..Props to Alvarez for wanting the fight,and props to Pwill and hope he get's well soon..

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
                    i decided to make this thread, because im chilin drinking some brewski and brought out my vhs collection... im watching the tripleheader in its entirety with cintron/w.mathysse, gatti/gomez, and margarito/williams then i thought damn caneo/p-will would hve been epic!!! and here we are!!
                    I remember that card..Fun night,and Pwill vs Marga's was a good scrap..

Comment

Working...
                    X