No announcement yet.

15 rd fights need to return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 rd fights need to return

12 rds any good boxer can train for,it takes an elite fighter to go 15,it takes there mind body and soul,most of the best fights in history were 15 rds,imagine Ali Frazier going 12,we would have missed some of the greatest rds ever,or Leonard Hearns,literally would have changed boxing history,instead of a 14th rd ko hearns would have won by dominate decision.

And please do not pull the fighters safety card,fighters are still getting brains injuries and such,its a part of the sport like it or not.

I do not know about anyone else but i am sick of my sports being pussified,for the money they get payed i expect and deserve brutality,otherwise its uninteresting.
    Last edited by MARKBNLV; 11-30-2010, 08:43 AM.

It went for a reason, it's not coming back.

imagine Ali Frazier going 12,we would have missed some of the greatest rds ever,or Leonard Hearns,literally would have changed boxing history,instead of a 14th rd ko hearns would have won by dominate decision.
    Do you really think it would of been the same fight if they was 12 round ?, sick of hearing that Hearns would of beat Leonard if it was 12 rounds, like he would of fought exactly the same, it would of been a completely different fight, no one can tell who would've won for one they would be fighting at a different pace and Leonard may of caught him earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post

It went for a reason, it's not coming back.

Do you really think it would of been the same fight if they was 12 round ?, sick of hearing that Hearns would of beat Leonard if it was 12 rounds, like he would of fought exactly the same, it would of been a completely different fight, no one can tell who would've won for one they would be fighting at a different pace and Leonard may of caught him earlier.
      I see your point,but i still think that boxing needs it,look at the pace of a lot of those 15 rd fights it was even higher then it is today,by the way what was the reason they got rid of the 15 rd fights,because combat sports have become pussified,sht sports in general its all about making sure millionaires are comfortable in there retirement,sht when i retire my meager 40-60 k a year will leave me with arthritis a badback probably a sht load of bills,and who knows what else.real talk.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        12 rds any good boxer can train for,it takes an elite fighter to go 15,it takes there mind body and soul,most of the best fights in history were 15 rds,imagine Ali Frazier going 12,we would have missed some of the greatest rds ever,or Leonard Hearns,literally would have changed boxing history,instead of a 14th rd ko hearns would have won by dominate decision.

And please do not pull the fighters safety card,fighters are still getting brains injuries and such,its a part of the sport like it or not.

I do not know about anyone else but i am sick of my sports being pussified,for the money they get payed i expect and deserve brutality,otherwise its uninteresting.

It's a health risk. Besides even with 12 i can count the true 12 round fighters on one hand. More than 90% of the fighters today can't even go 12 without showing signs of sheer physical exhaustion.

I'm more concerned about terrible judging and officiating.

Comment

I see your point,but i still think that boxing needs it,look at the pace of a lot of those 15 rd fights it was even higher then it is today,by the way what was the reason they got rid of the 15 rd fights,because combat sports have become pussified,sht sports in general its all about making sure millionaires are comfortable in there retirement,sht when i retire my meager 40-60 k a year will leave me with arthritis a badback probably a sht load of bills,and who knows what else.real talk.

Severe dehydration tends to set in after 12 rds in physical fights. Health reasons. Same reason same day weigh in was abolished. It was the direct result of Mancini vs Duk Ku Kim

Comment

Macini was hammering Kim, who refused to go down, who just utterly refused to quit and the ref didn't stop it in time..

Kim struggled to make weight in the days leading up.....so going over 12 makes that more significant as the dehydration sets in.

Kim died. The ref ended up committing suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
              Severe dehydration tends to set in after 12 rds in physical fights. Health reasons. Same reason same day weigh in was abolished. It was the direct result of Mancini vs Duk Ku Kim
              Fighters die every year in boxing,some of them in the first few rds,its a casualty of the sport,men also die building bridges and freeways,does that mean we quit building bridges.

I am all for fighter safety ,if a fighter is in danger stop the fight,but if he is fighting with spirit and is defending himself then by all means let the fight go on,we need the championship rds back.Maybe it will teach these up and comers to train harder because burning out in the 8th rd is quite pathetic for a world class fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                Macini was hammering Kim, who refused to go down, who just utterly refused to quit and the ref didn't stop it in time..

Kim struggled to make weight in the days leading up.....so going over 12 makes that more significant as the dehydration sets in.

Kim died. The ref ended up committing suicide.
                Your speaking of Mitch Halpner right,i severely doubt he killed himself over that fight

Comment

Fighters die every year in boxing,some of them in the first few rds,its a casualty of the sport,men also die building bridges and freeways,does that mean we quit building bridges.

I am all for fighter safety ,if a fighter is in danger stop the fight,but if he is fighting with spirit and is defending himself then by all means let the fight go on,we need the championship rds back.Maybe it will teach these up and comers to train harder because burning out in the 8th rd is quite pathetic for a world class fighter.

Yeah but it was the severity of what happened. Everyone was thinking why don't they stop it......they didn't and Kim got stretchered out i believe.....he died, Mancini was obviously scarred over the incident, the ref topped himself and i beleive Kim's mother also topped herself.

It was a whole big situation.....and the NSAC was the first to abolish 15 and bring in 12. This fight also led to more stringent pre-fight checks. Back in the day you'd get a BP and heart rate test and be good to go.

Comment

Your speaking of Mitch Halpner right,i severely doubt he killed himself over that fight

Don't know the ref......before my time.....but i remember reading about this fight and the subsequent fallout.

Comment

Working...
                    X