Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say what you want about HATTON buuut he MOVED 30000ppl across a ocean!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is it that a fighter should be an "ATG good" before we acknowledge a fighter is good... Damn, Ricky is good, just don't ask him to be as good as Ali or Duran..

Comment

Originally posted by why-o-why View Post
      I don't know of too many other fighters in the history of the sport who had the ability to bring with them that much of a fan base into a fight.

I mean if floyd goes to fight in London. How many Americans are gona follow him to London???

When Pacquiao fights. The people that watch him are the people that already live in USA.

Name me another fighter in history that could bring with him across a ocean that many fans???

Maby JCC come to mind. But mexico is close to USA.
      Americans have a lot going on.When NFL teams come to the UK how many Americans follow the teams?How many Americans followed Muhamed Ali in Congo or Manila when boxing was at its peak?It's a cultural thing,they dont go around cheering for teams.The Brits on the other hand travel more,when a British team plays even in Australia many people follow.Americans bring everything home,biggest matches in boxing are normally in the YSA.

Comment

Originally posted by mines a pasty View Post
        yeah, but he was still **** !

Wicked fella tho.
        If he was ****, what does that say about all the fighters he faced and beat and THEIR records?

He wasn't ****. He made the most of what he had and almost achieved greatness with it.

Comment

Sugar Ray Leornard boxed in Europe
          How many people travelled with him?Hatton was well loved no doubt but people from his country travel with their teams.Bruno had followers and so did Lewis but not as many as Hatton although he wasnt good as these guys

Comment

I don't know of too many other fighters in the history of the sport who had the ability to bring with them that much of a fan base into a fight.

I mean if floyd goes to fight in London. How many Americans are gona follow him to London???

When Pacquiao fights. The people that watch him are the people that already live in USA.

Name me another fighter in history that could bring with him across a ocean that many fans???

I don't know how naive you can be. 30,000 people across the ocean in how many days? really?

You know how many jumbo jets thats going take to make that happen.

He sure has a lot of fans but don't let GBP and HBO fool you with their numbers.

Comment

There is no denying that he had an extra-ordinary fan base who saved months before a fight just to afford to go to another country and see him fight.

That is a testament to what kind of a person he is.

Comment

Ts is not joking the week of the Floyd Hatton fight there were brits fcking everywhere.

Comment

Doesn't he have an autobiography out in which he kinda contradicts his 'man of the people' persona? I think I read that somewhere on ********. Also read, and this was less obscure, that he did the Lazcano fight 'for the fans' but in the UK it was ppv.

Comment

Working...
                  X