Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were a trainer, how do you train your fighter to beat Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fighter would have to be a pressure fighter. Mayweather only picks slow opponents because he can't handle pressure fighters. This is why he ducked prime Cotto and Margarito. When Mayweather is on the ropes you know he's going to bob, weave, and duck punches, so throw them accordingly. Don't aim for his head because his bald head will be moving around, take educated guesses which way he will move his head. People make fun of Pacquiao for throwing what they call "wild" and "awkward" punches but this alone is what can put Mayweather to sleep.

Also take advantage of his declining legs. Go for the body.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
      but that same jmm(2 years later) gave manny all he could handle

and sharmba moved up to 147 before floyd and why do they need more than 1 or 2 fights at ww??bradley had 1 at ww and beat manny.lol
      Are you serious? Manny vs Marquez is like Ali vs Frazier. They can fight 100 times and you would always get the same kind of fight. Yes, sometimes Manny will look better and sometimes Marquez but you know its going to be close fights.

I did state beforehand that Roach may be making a mistake in what he sees in Marquez prior to their last fight. According to Roach, Marquez was supposedly fighting more aggressively at 135 and expecting the same Marquez. That was a mistake and so the game plan was also a mistake, of sorts.

Besides what I stated above, Manny fought Marquez at 144 and Marquez actually looked bigger than Manny. Also, Marquez used his previous experience at the higher weights to hopefully adjust better against Manny .... and he did well ...... without question, Marquez looked more fit against Manny.

Marquez fought Floyd at 146 not 144 and it was late notice for him at that. Plus it was uncharted territory when he did it with Floyd.

Why did they need more than 1 or 2 fights at WW? Because if you see them fight a few more times you will then get a better picture of who they are at WW, for one. Example, Sharmba kept on losing at WW. Winning 1 fight at WW doesn't mean that they can consistently do it .... but unfortunately, Floyd has his fans convinced and they even can accept a Marquez coming up 2 fights away from 130. How did he convince his fans? By saying, "... but Marquez is #2 P4P" .... that is crazy stuff but Floyd fans get easily convinced!

I said the same about Bradley. If Bradley did well against Manny then we would be convinced. If Bradley didn't then for certain that question would come up and be a valid point. So it changes nothing on Floyd doing it with, Ortiz, Marquez, Hatton and Sharmba. WHO IS NEXT? lol!
      Last edited by ADP02; 07-03-2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

i would put make up and lipstick on my fighter
        floyd should be somewhat reluctant to punch a lady unless he enjoys going to jail

Comment

Originally posted by Larryxxx View Post
          what fighters have he avoided??please list them
          Do you think that Bruselles, Sosa, Ndou, Corley' Gatti, Judah And sharmba mitchell were the best available opponents for Floyd in the 4 years from 2002-2006.

Is Mosley, Ortiz, Marquez' and Cotto the best he could do in The last 5 years

Comment

Working...
          X