No announcement yet.

What makes Shane Mosley a legend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes Shane Mosley a legend?

I don't get it. I feel like his whole career is riding off of his 3 wins against De la Hoya and Margarito. I'll give him the Margarito victory. But I really don't understand how people are til this day still giving him credit for the De la Hoya victories. I mean, I don't give Lamont Peterson credit for beating Amir Khan. In fact, that fight was changed to a no contest. So how is he still being considered a "legend."

He's not a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      He's not a legend.
      That's what I'm saying. That one thread about Shane Mosley retiring has all these weirdos calling him a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
        I don't get it. I feel like his whole career is riding off of his 3 wins against De la Hoya and Margarito. I'll give him the Margarito victory. But I really don't understand how people are til this day still giving him credit for the De la Hoya victories. I mean, I don't give Lamont Peterson credit for beating Amir Khan. In fact, that fight was changed to a no contest. So how is he still being considered a "legend."
        Thanks for this post. Now we know you are a fairly new fan probably very new, considering the recent activity you choose to bring up for the sake of his legacy, and we can't take you seriously with the title question.

Comment

Took on all challengers
          Had exciting fights
          Good fighter great mix of speed and power
          Plus he has that what if factor about the lw division
          Plus when he knocked you a lot of times it chilling people remember that kinda stuff he's a legend to casual fans

Not to hardcore boxing fans

Comment

you'd be pretty shocked to hear the way they were talking about him when he was a LW
            the gun got jumped a bit, which happens in boxing, but the guy was special in his prime

anybody saying otherwise didn't get a good enough look

the term legend is quite subjective. shane mosley's got hall of fame credentials.

and that chin?
            legend.
            that divorce?
            legend.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Thanks for this post. Now we know you are a fairly new fan probably very new, considering the recent activity you choose to bring up for the sake of his legacy, and we can't take you seriously with the title question.
              Wait, what? The De la Hoya fights were recent and new? All I'm saying is, his three most defining fights were the 2 Oscar fights and the Margarito fight. The Margarito fight was legit. How can a guy get credit for beating someone on steroids. That's crazy. To me. No, to a normal person, that is weird. That's got to be weird...right?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                you'd be pretty shocked to hear the way they were talking about him when he was a LW
                the gun got jumped a bit, which happens in boxing, but the guy was special in his prime

anybody saying otherwise didn't get a good enough look

the term legend is quite subjective. shane mosley's got hall of fame credentials.

and that chin?
                legend.
                that divorce?
                legend.
                But he was cheating....Kind of puts a shadow over everything.

Comment

Wouldnt specifically call him a "legend" but he was a great fighter

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                    Took on all challengers
                    Had exciting fights
                    Good fighter great mix of speed and power
                    Plus he has that what if factor about the lw division
                    Plus when he knocked you a lot of times it chilling people remember that kinda stuff he's a legend to casual fans

Not to hardcore boxing fans
                    He wasn't a legend in the grand scope of the sport obviously, but in his era, and recent times, certainly can be argued so, the amount of new fans to the sport who come in when a great fighter (small term great) like Mosley is over the hump, and refuse to look into the past and judge from when they entered the sport forward just make me laugh with their ignorance.

Almost every notable fighter who retires, or dies gets called a legend in remembrance, it's a sign of respect and acknowledgement, why is that so hard for other people to respect? Why do people need to try and start an argument over it?
                    All things in context. In context, Gatti was a legend to his hometown, so was Ward, Cotto probably is too, as is Hatton, and Pacquiao to his people. Are they legends in the grand scope of boxing, taking into account all the fighers in history? Of course not. Context people, context.
                    Last edited by LoadedWraps; 06-04-2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X