No announcement yet.

Mother Jailed For Sending Kids To Better School

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
    The fraud took place after they were profiled and had the private investigator sent after them to acquire evidence.
    After "they were profiled"? You make it sound as though Americans who are committing fraud have a right to not get caught. There is no profiling going on other than profiling her as a criminal, which is what she is.

Assuming it's a public school (since I've never heard of private schools being separated by district), how is there a 30K tuition, if it's public? I was under the assumption that public school is paid by state and local taxpayers, so there is no such 30K tuition for each child.
    The $30k tuition is applicable to children who do not live in that municipality. To offset the funding that the school does NOT receive from the taxes the non-resident is not paying in that municipality.

Comment

Now there are instances where I will support somebody who wants to fight an unjust law. However this woman was not in fact attempting to highlight and combat an injustice. She was simply breaking the law in order to get something for herself or her kids.

If she was courageously campaigning to change the laws or, even better, to improve the schools and the neighbourhoods locally then she would have my support. But that's not what she did. Instead she took an illegal shortcut out of personal interest.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        After "they were profiled"? You make it sound as though Americans who are committing fraud have a right to not get caught. There is no profiling going on other than profiling her as a criminal, which is what she is.

The $30k tuition is applicable to children who do not live in that municipality. To offset the funding that the school does NOT receive from the taxes the non-resident is not paying in that municipality.
        Yes, bascially she is leeching of the district

She was stealing and the media is trying to make her look like some unjustly prosecuted saint

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          She lied and attempted to send her kid to a school that she wasnt zoned to

I know plenty of people that have done the same

Its a better school yea, but she is taking the spot of someone that legally deserves to be there

Dont make her out to be some sort of saint. Theres ways to get your kid into a good school, legal ways
          Bullshit. I cant even get my kid transferred to a different school within the district although shes the only non full blooded hispanic in her grade and reads 2 grade levels above anyone in her class.

Comment

Now there are instances where I will support somebody who wants to fight an unjust law. However this woman was not in fact attempting to highlight and combat an injustice. She was simply breaking the law in order to get something for herself or her kids.

If she was courageously campaigning to change the laws or, even better, to improve the schools and the neighbourhoods locally then she would have my support. But that's not what she did. Instead she took an illegal shortcut out of personal interest.
            Like Rosa Parks.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
              Bullshit. I cant even get my kid transferred to a different school within the district although shes the only non full blooded hispanic in her grade and reads 2 grade levels above anyone in her class.
              Special assignment is what you want for your kid. It is hard to get it. Usually you would have to know someone in the school or school district to get it. You might have to move if you want your kid to go to the other school.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                Special assignment is what you want for your kid. It is hard to get it. Usually you would have to know someone in the school or school district to get it. You might have to move if you want your kid to go to the other school.
                Yea if we stay here the only way I can move her for next year is to enroll her in a magnet school. I dont mind I just wish they would have let me know that before school started.
                Last edited by AKATheMack; 01-27-2011, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  She lied and attempted to send her kid to a school that she wasnt zoned to

I know plenty of people that have done the same

Its a better school yea, but she is taking the spot of someone that legally deserves to be there

Dont make her out to be some sort of saint. Theres ways to get your kid into a good school, legal ways
                  There's a set limit to how many kids can go to the school? What do you mean she's taking someone's spot? Forget it, Mack already exposed you not knowing what you're talking about.

She was singled out for whatever reason. Why suspect or target her and her children?

Got it, 30K is more than reasonable for a year's tuition for a good public school, she can afford it... eventually.

Comment

Can't see linked vids at work, but prolly an indy caste-fam, innit?

Comment

This is why I believe all schools should be semi-privatized, and the federal or state governments should provide vouchers to parents K-12 and students in college and beyond.

Keep some standardized testing, however the good schools will succeed, and the bad schools will go under.

Lastly, nobody should be denied an education. This is America, after all.

EDIT: By the way, the system should be MORE competive at the college level. That meaning, no more state-run schools, except there would be a system for community colleges. I think prices would lower for the current private schools that way.
                      Last edited by ILLuminato; 01-27-2011, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X