No announcement yet.

Great Synopsis Regarding Biased Double Standards In Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Synopsis Regarding Biased Double Standards In Boxing

No hate Just facts and logic. Reason is a beautiful thing.

Thank You for that sir

Comment

i had to stop watching when the vid said mayweather vs castillo I was a draw and II floyd easily won.... i was at both fights and was a big floyd fan at the time and had him losing BOTH fights, which i was at live both fights, AND had really good seats both fights. at both fights in both sections, everyone in my sections had floyd losing.

EDIT: video is worse than i thought, saying gattin was in his prime and a hall of famer fighter, sorry, a hall of fame highlight fighter, or comeback kid in certain fights, hall of fame worthy for his entertainment value, but he was already done with his career, GATTI WAS WAR TORN.............

also, this video tries to compare robinson and ali, citing they lost fights and floyd hasn't, maybe because they took risk, fought more often, but no excuses for their losses, they did something after their losses, THEY BECAME GREAT!!!!! they did GREAT things after their losses, THEY FOUGHT AGAIN AND WON, that is what separates a great fighter from a good, potentially great undefeated fighter......

look at hamed, potentially great, one loss, and did nothing afterwards......... which equals out to not being great at all, just a hyped fighter with a good highlight reel........
      Last edited by deuce_drop; 01-16-2011, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
        i had to stop watching when the vid said mayweather vs castillo I was a draw and II floyd easily won.... i was at both fights and was a big floyd fan at the time and had him losing BOTH fights, which i was at live both fights, AND had really good seats both fights. at both fights in both sections, everyone in my sections had floyd losing.
        you had him losing the second fight......??

Comment

Originally posted by LoStranger View Post
          you had him losing the second fight......??
          yeah, i remember the whole fight, rooting for floyd, and saying to my friend, if floyd doesn't get off the ropes and do something he can't win, obviously he did, but it was resounding where i was sitting floyd took the grunt of the punishment in that fight.

again, out landed, out worked, and fought castillo's fight.... twice. hometwon cooking, and an arum fighter at the time, you tell me!??!

Comment

yeah, i remember the whole fight, rooting for floyd, and saying to my friend, if floyd doesn't get off the ropes and do something he can't win, obviously he did, but it was resounding where i was sitting floyd took the grunt of the punishment in that fight.

again, out landed, out worked, and fought castillo's fight.... twice. hometwon cooking, and an arum fighter at the time, you tell me!??!
            I had floyd winning the 2nd fight quite easily

he lost the 1st tho

Comment

Video is right about some things and i agree that a lot of people hold past fighters to high in some regard when comparing them to current fighters. however the video doesnt take everything into account with past fighters records. the reason why fighters had more losses were because they had to fight everyone and their were less weight classes. Fighters werent protected like they are now because boxers make more money.

Also the Sugar Ray forcing Duran to move up in weight is bogus. Duran had fought in 8 straight welterweight fights before he fought Sugar Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by LoStranger View Post
                I had floyd winning the 2nd fight quite easily

he lost the 1st tho
                i guess thats why there are three judges, but not only seeing the fights live, i've watched them a bunch of times, and still have the same outlook on both fights, and watching them on tv it only supports what i saw and scored it live.

there are a bunch of fights that i've seen live and then watched on tv and it was almost like watching a different fight, only thing is/was, those fights i wasn't watching as intensely as i was the floyd castillo fights, and others too.

live fights and tv fights do show different things, and a lot of other factors play into it, so flip a coin i guess, my point is, the video is biased, and is one persons pov and is not the end all be all of argument.

i personally don't think floyd is great as a whole, he has GREAT VIRTUES ANS SKILL SET, BUT, i think we have to see him fight out of a hole, and not the one he's in outside the ring, but a come from behind knockout win or avenge a loss, or something to that nature.

undefeated to me means, untested to me, undefeated is a good thing, but not when it's been a cakewalk, not when you've been the favorite in all your fights, see what i'm getting at? or do you and everyone else just want to label me a hater???

i used to like floyd until he turned into this joke of a persona that he tries to believe he is........... and when he started *****footing and not giving us fans the fights we want to see.............

Comment

i used to like floyd until he turned into this joke of a persona that he tries to believe he is........... and when he started *****footing and not giving us fans the fights we want to see.............
                  Address the cause not the symptom.....

Comment

I have never seen a boxer more hated than Mayweather. Never. You try to defend the guy, guess what happens? *****! *****! *****! It's pretty sad, but hey there's always a positive. Maybe when he finally retires for good, people will appreciate what he's done in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X